"Lavender, wait up," I yelled after her as I jogged behind her. She was wearing heels and I was wearing sneakers. Even if she was an expert in running in heels, she couldn't dodge the crowd and get away from me. When I caught up with her I grabbed her arm and she instantly snatched it away as she turned around. "Just give-"

"Don't f-cking touch me! Don't f-cking talk to me," she yelled which caused a lot of attention from the people around us. I prayed everyone just went on with their business rather than videotaping the whole altercation.

I put my hands behind my back so Lavender wouldn't have to worry about me touching her again. "Lavender, please, just a minute," I begged her as I looked in her blue eyes. Lavender had changed a lot throughout the month. She was a bit skinnier which I didn't like at all and her skin seemed paler. Of course. She was still on drugs.

"I'm in a rush," she said before turning around to walk away.

I jumped right in front of her before she could walk a step. "I don't love Gloria. I love you. I realize that now. Lavender, I love you." Lavender simply rolled her eyes at me and tried to walk past me, but I moved in front of her again. "I want to be with you, Lavender. I know I was an idiot and I'm so f-cking sorry for hurting you. We can make this work. Ivo misses you so much."

"You had your chance. Tell Ivo that I said hi," Lavender pushed past me and I sighed.

She walked a few steps before I called out to her. "Lavender!"

She turned around slowly and she shook her head firmly. "I'm not letting you break my heart again," she said so quietly that I could barely hear her.

"I won't." The two of us stared at each other for a long while. I just wanted to walk up to her and wrap her in my arms but I knew she wouldn't like that. For a second, I thought she was going to give in. Her facial features softened and she bit her lower lip. "Don't you have a fight to be training for? Plus, I have to get this coffee to my boss before she has a diva fit." Before I could say anything, she turned to walk away again and this time I let her go. She wasn't going to take me back, not like this. I had to come harder. There had to be something I could do to win her heart back. I just needed to be creative.

-

I couldn't believe that I almost gave into that bullsh-t front that Maxim had put up. She didn't love me and if she did then she would've been had let me know. She wouldn't just shout it out on the streets when she saw me. Maxim knew where I stayed and even though I told her basically not to come back to my apartment, if she really wanted me back she would've came knocking once again. If I forgave Maxim and if we did actually date, she'd end up leaving me for Gloria. I didn't need that. I was finally getting myself somewhat together. My publicist worked some strings since her time with me would be up soon. For a job I got to assist Olive Pendleton, a demanding, and quite annoying high paid actress. It was my duty to fetch her coffee, take out her least favorite skittles from a bowl and to tell her how pretty she was. The job was a piece of crap but it paid well.

"You're late," Olive said as she popped a Skittle into her mouth. She was sitting on the couch in her expensive apartment doing absolutely nothing. She could've easily went out and fetched herself coffee but she decided to get me to do it. On the screen, she was watching a sports channel, something she was heavily into. Of course, Maxim was on the screen since she would be fighting in two days. This fight was hyped up because if Maxim won this one, she would finally get her chance at the belt. Olive was obsessive about sports so I had to deal with her talking about Maxim. Sometimes she would ask me things like how sex with Maxim was and if I would get upset if she and Maxim started dating. Her questions would infuriate me but I didn't know why since I was through with the fighter.

"I'm sorry. I ran into someone," I told her as I passed her, her coffee. She took a sip from the cup and frowned.

"This is cold! How long have you had these!?" Olive slammed the cup down on the table in front of her and huffed as she crossed her arms. "Lavender, you can't just stop and hold conversations when you're on errands for me! My body was counting on hot f-cking coffee!"

"Like I said, my apologies. This guy was trying to flirt with me, and to top it all off I bumped into Maxim. Trust me, I wish I could've made it here earlier so I could avoid her."

Olive's face lit up with the thought of Maxim. "Did you give her my number?"

"The last thing I was thinking about was hooking you up with my ex-girlfriend," I told her as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Fake ex-girlfriend," she reminded me. Damn, I regret telling her that. "I was going to tell you as soon as you got back but you pissed me off with the coffee, we're going to the fight so wear something nice Sunday night." I gasped before shaking my head quickly. No way was I going to one of Maxim's fights. Gloria was sure to be there and I'm sure she hated my guts if Maxim truly loved me. "I'll need you there as my accessory. It'll give us both publicity because you'll be at your ex's fight while I'll be at my soon-to-be girlfriend's fight." I rolled my eyes at Olive. She was way too superficial for Maxim.

"Do I have to go? Can you invite one of your friends instead? It's going to be awkward and I really don't want to have to talk to her," I said as my nerves began building up. For some reason, I was feeling nervous. My hands began to shake at the thought of appearing at the fight. The media was going to misconstrue the whole thing and I knew Maxim would spot me. She always looked over the crowd and Olive and I were sure to have close seats with the other famous people.

"You're going and that's final. I'll boost your pay if it makes you feel better," Olive said before grabbing another Skittle. "Now, leave me. That's it for today."

-

It was show time. The night of the fight that could truly make me or break me. This fight could give me a chance to make it to the top or push me a few steps back. I was focused for once. The only thing I was thinking about was the fight. I let myself remember all the videos I've watched of my opponent fighting. I've watched them so much that once I got in the ring I knew I would know every move before she pulled it. Heather Yale was in for one rude awakening tonight. No games were going to be played, straight fighting. Of course, I would give the audience the beginning show and the fabulous walk-in but once that bell was rung all the friendliness would be gone. "It's time to walk out," someone from my crew said as they patted me on the back. I stood up from the bench that I was sitting on and started walking out of the back of the arena towards where everything was going to go down.

The song of choice blared loudly and as soon as I stepped out, the crowd went as wild as they could. I put my hand to my ear and acted like I couldn't hear them, just to hear them scream louder as I walked towards the ring. My eyes looked over the crowd and towards the section where Gloria and Ivo normally sat. Ivo didn't walk out with me tonight, but I could see him in all of my merchandise in Gloria's arms. I gave them a wave and smiled but the smile faded all too quickly. Not far from Gloria and Ivo was Lavender. She was sitting behind them so I doubted they even noticed she was there. What was she doing here? I shook off Lavender when I felt my trainer shake me. "Eyes on the prize, champ," he yelled. I swallowed hard and nodded my head as my eyes stayed fixated on Lavender. Eyes on the prize.

-

Do you think Maxim can get Lavender back or is it too late?

Will Maxim win the fight or be too distracted by Lavender?