A third kiss

It was monday, a pretty basic thing you would think, but not for Beatrice. For her, every day and moment spent with Ava was special. From watching a movie to washing the dishes, Beatrice had decided that she wouldn't take it for granted anymore. For that matter, she loved every second of her time in the presence of the halo bearer.

That they loved each other was the least one could say for both women were completely oblivious to the world around them when looking into each other's eyes.

When Ava had passed trough the arc to heal from her deadly wounds, Beatrice had tried to live her life like the warrior told her to but she couldn't. Not with all the regret in her mind and the pain in her body. Every day she had to endure without Ava, she could feel this intense pain, like someone was trying to rip her heart out of her chest. She could almost imagine the view of the flesh ripping and the blood dripping.

Until that Monday afternoon, when Ava came back broken as quite literal hell but still her happy and bubbly self.

The first words to come out of the halo bearer's mouth were "I love you, Bea" and of course this time, Beatrice said it back and for the first time, being sure the other heard her say it. "Don't ever do that to me again".

And then happened Ava's third kiss, but the second most meaningful one...