"You son of a bitch!"

I interrupt him. I get my wrist from Pete's hands and squeeze Wang's neck hard with both my hands.

I don't want him to raise suspicion over my father and Pete's mother.

This is something I must find out first...alone.

"Vegas, don't kill him!"

"I'm fucking tired of all this shit! I don't care, I will end this with my bare hands!"

"You can't, Vegas!"

"Watch me!"

"If I die..." Lian red eyes look at Pete.

...he dies...that's what Wang's eyes are telling me.

There's so much certainty in his gaze.

I can't unsee it.

Pete's POV

Vegas releases Lian Wang.

I help Vegas get back on its feet.

Mr. Wang coughs and rubs his neck.

I make a move to help Wang to his feet but stop when Vegas gives me such a disapproving face.

"Let's stop with this commotion, shall we?! It leads to nowhere." Wang says calmly but firmly, adjusting his clothes. "The task is simples, Vegas. Get into the Chess Room...Find who wants to kill Pete and finish them off. Find who killed my family...and I leave you alone." Then he turns to me. "Find me The White Queen."

"Where?!"

"Use your brain, Pete."

"Why don't YOU do it by yourself!" Vegas yells angrily.

"Because I already tried and failed." Wang answers bluntly. "Besides, you told me yourself it was not Minor family that ordered for Pete's head, Vegas. I'm giving you the benefit of doubt to find out for yourself who did it."

"..." Vegas has no reply for that, only discomfort and anger.

"Excuse-me, I'm leaving now."

"Not before you tell me how you know Pete." Vegas stop him from moving again.

"My grandfather chose him."

"We already know this crap! But how?" Vegas asks him, impatiently.

"We lived together for a short period of time, you and me, Pete." Lian turns to me.

"What?" Vegas looks at me in surprise.

"No! I did not! I don't recall that! Were you a 6th grader student leaving on the streets of Bangkok with me?! I don't think so! "Show me your grandfather's picture! I've never seen you before."

I look to both Vegas and Wang... I feel some resentment raising inside me...

"When you two were having a nice meal in your cozy big houses, I was getting knocked out in almost every fight to earn enough money for my family to pay the rent and not be homeless. (1).

"Pete..." Vegas turned worried.

"No body helped me when I was fighting on the streets alone! I would remember it! I did it myself. I may be sounding a little bitter, Mr. Wang...but I know my own efforts and how lonely I was. Why are you saying I was chosen for something meaningful when we both know I look like Tianshi for some reason. In better possibilities, I would be some sort of replacement to die in his place, am I wrong?!"

"I know Pete." Lian looks at me with some regret I can't acknowledge. "Those were tough days, but..."

"Were you leaving on the streets of Bangkok with me?? WERE YOU?!?!" I ask him sharply and angrily.