-Part 20-

It was now Friday evening; finally. I blabbered on, to my mum about how school was and this, that and other (the usual).

"Today was once again another boring day apart from lunch with friends. I got the odd death stare from Lulu and double geography but apart from that Friday was alright." I said spinning my spaghetti around my fork.

"Oh, Lulu's that horrible girl you were telling me about yesterday wasn't it. I'm really glad you are coming out of your shell indigo and making friends. I know I should tell you this more often but I'm really proud." Mum leaned in for a hug over the table opening out her arms.

I embraced in a hug as I smelled the familiar scent of my mum's perfume and the lavender washing up powder which gave me a sense of comfort.

"I thought it would be nice to visit next door after what happened to Milly. Nothing crazy-we won't be there long."

"But you know that me and Max aren't going to great at the moment Mum. He hates me." I sighed.

"Eh, I thought you made up ages ago!" Mum said looking confused.

"Well I thought so too." I looked to the side out of the window.

"We are going in a bit." My mum said, beginning to clear away the bowls and cutlery from the table.

"Wait. Now?" I questioned.

"Yes."

I sighed trudging up the stairs to my room.

"So I take it you won't be helping me wash up the pots then?" Mum shouted as her voice echoed around the house.

"Fine. I'll do it."

I slowly dried up the pots, drying away lightly.

"Oh come on Indigo. That's pathetic; do it properly." My mum giggled as she hummed away, drying up the pots too.

We had finished washing up and I stumbled to my room to get changed into some flare jeans, and I needed something which looked fashionable so I rummaged around my overflowing draw of tops. I pulled out a small, silk white top with lace added to the top of it. I only just wriggled into it after checking the size. It was age twelve and I'm fifteen- oh well, at least it fit. I felt a bit exposed  in the tiny top and added my light, floral cardigan. I sat at my vanity as my mum said we were leaving in five minutes. I brushed through my hair and embellished my ears with some studded pearl ear rings which bearing in mind took forever to put on. I curled my lashes and added some concealer under my eyes. I also applied some pink tinted lip gloss. I fumbled around my school cardigan pockets to find my rings I had taken off the day before when I noticed mr Umber (my science teacher) walking down the corridor and I knew for sure that he would confiscate them from me. I don't even know how it is allowed. Imagine me walking up to a stranger and asking to take their jewellery from them. That's basically what it's like because in reality I don't really know the teachers which surround me everyday in school. How am I supposed to trust them. If it isn't there's and if I never asked them to take it, that's practically stealing.

"Indigo! We're going now so get your shoes on." Mum called as she jingled the keys in her hands.

"Okay." I slipped on my black converse and tied the laces which were now fraying.

I walked to my mum as she frowned, looking down at my shoes.

"You could do with some new laces Indigo, in fact new shoes! Are you sure your feet aren't cramped up in those converse?"

"But you know how much I love my converse." I argued as my mum rummaged around her bag, pulling out a tennis ball, a lipstick, a sock, a packet of tissues then a pen.