-part 14-

"Hello Mrs Bluebell!" I said cheerfully entering the art classroom. I was always early to art class. I liked to chat with Mrs Bluebell during that time or sketch away.

"Hiya poppet." Mrs Bluebell smiled as I took a seat at the front of the class; Her silver hair shining in the sunlight.

"I have my project with me. Here I'll hand it over to you."

"Ah, yes let me have a look at another masterpiece of yours Indigo." Mrs Bluebell said with enthusiasm.

I carefully pulled the 3D model out of the plastic carrier bag.

"So Sweetie, I can't wait to hear about how this shows you as a person! It's so delicate and beautiful Indigo. This really is a masterpiece!" Mrs Bluebell paused, staring at every bit of it in aw, "why don't you go and put it at the back of the classroom on those shelf's. That's where everyone else will be putting their projects."

"Okay Mrs Bluebell." I said, slowly walking to the back of the classroom because it would be a total disaster if I dropped it!

Mrs Bluebell opened the door and welcomed the students in, with a soothing smile on her face. I was in top set for Art along with Ivy. Before, I didn't have any friends in my art class but now I have Ivy. I turned to smile at ivy as she took a seat opposite me. A weight lifted from my shoulders. Finally, someone who actually wanted to sit with me. Grace joined our table as well, she was Ivy's cousin- a bit bossy and loud but she had a soft spot as well, if you got on the right side of her.

"Today we are going to be presenting our projects you should have all done." Mrs bluebell raised her eyebrows and scanned the classroom with a short awkward laugh afterwards.

"Hopefully it won't take to long so you can get painting away if you like. How about freestyle?" She questioned.

Nods and smiles were surrounding the classroom.

"Well i take that as a yes. Now then, who would like to go first?"

George grabbed his friend, Jake's hand and was shaking it in the air.

Two girls at the back scoffed and rolled their eyes in unison.

"Boys! Stop mucking about will ya." Mrs Bluebell said in her soft,Scottish accent turning to George.

"As seen as you seemed quite eager, George, why don't you show your project? Hmmm." Mrs bluebell tapped her pen on the edge of her desk, standing up.

"Ummm, Miss I didn't do it." George mumbled under his breath.

"Ahhh, I see. Unfortunately that will be a detention. I expect better George. You are in top set after all."

"Are we?" Ivy questioned.

Everyone giggled; I laughed along. It wasn't even funny.

"Yes." Mrs Bluebell hissed with a smile.

Finally, it was my turn. Was that a good thing or a bad thing though.

"Okay then indigo, looks like you're last so would you like to go and collect your project from the back of the room"

I gave a polite smile and nodded as I raised from my seat.

"So the butterfly is brightly coloured to describe my personality and sense of style. I chose a butterfly because I like to do my own things freely and like to be independent. The butterfly is in a cage because it show society. It shows that I can't go out of bounds. For example if you love something or someone or do something that doesn't fit in with society's expectations, you will be shamed for it."

"Wow indigo. Just beautiful!" Mrs bluebell clapped her hands along with the students after her.

I took a seat with my project in my hands.

After everyone had done their presentations I got started with painting as Mrs bluebell carefully observed everyone's work in progress'.

I went over to the sink and collected a water colour set, a delicate paintbrush and a water pot. I sat myself down and got to work quietly as Ivy and Grace chatted amongst themselves loudly.

I decided to paint my favourite flower- lavender.

I carefully circled the brush around the sage green paint once I had made the brush nice and damp. I painted the stems in the centre of my page in my art book, glancing at Lucy. She entered the class room in a flurry.

"Sorry miss, I had a private clarinet lesson all the way in room 2 and I guess my music teacher just lost track of time." Lucy huffed as her hijab floated and billowed in the breeze passing through the window.

"Hello Lovely, it's okay, don't apologise! We were just presenting our projects and now we are free style painting. You can present your project next week if you want!" Mrs Bluebell gave a soothing smile.

Lucy patted her flushed cheeks, as she took a seat next to me. Lucy was very nice and was Grace's best friend. I never pictured a sweet, quiet girl like Lucy to be friends with Grace. I felt bad for Lucy a lot because people judge her before they get to know her just because of how quiet she is. She's just such a smiley, kind and happy girl.

"Hi." I looked up at Lucy and continued to refine the stems of the lavender in my sketch book.

"Hello." Lucy gave a big toothy grin. "That looks great so far Indigo! What is it?" Lucy pointed at my sketch book as her green eyes widened through her blue rimmed spectacles.

"Oh I'm painting Lavender. It's my favourite flower."

"Pretty! Just an idea but you could maybe paint a little bee flying through the sky on the page." Lucy said as she took a seat next to me.

"You always have such great ideas. Thank you Lucy; I'll keep that in mind!" I smiled with enthusiasm.

I swirled the purple in circles in my sketch book on the stems. Mrs bluebell looked over mine and Lucy's shoulder. Lucy had splotched bright colours on her page like fireworks. It looked so pretty and lively. Lucy stuck her tongue out with concentration.

"Wow girls, some wonderful work going on. And what about ivy and Grace." Mrs bluebell peered over the desk. They had both done the same thing as each other- it was a vogue magazine cover style with a model on the front, with beautiful dark skin and fiery hair. Ivy's looked better in my opinion. I still questioned why Grace was in top set.

Some time later, near the end of the lesson, my lavender painting was complete and I took Lucy's advice and added a bee. Lucy had added some glitter to her fireworks which made it look even more amazing.