-part 3-

"Umm Indigo. I'm sorry if I upset you. I know it's a big deal, your best friend getting their first love isn't it? Any way Kerry wants to meet you tomorrow at the park with me. The three of us. I'll pick you up in the morning shall I?" Max placed his hand on my shoulder.

He really thought going to the park to meet this girlfriend of his would make things any better, did he?

"Ugh. Bog off Max, just BOG OFF!" I screamed into my pillow.

Max edged away, closing the door. I expected him to shout back but instead he called,

"You'll always be my number one girl."I tried to cover my smile with my hand. Although it's quite cringe if you ask me.

Everything was quiet until, "Indigo, I'm home!" Rose, my mother called from the kitchen.

I rushed to meet her whipping my tears away.

"Mum you're back early."

"Oh sweetie. What's wrong? Another argument at school. Is someone calling you names. I'll sort them out if they are, that's for sure!"

"No mum. It's not really complicated but, I saw a text on max's phone which was from his secret girlfriend and I got annoyed he didn't tell me about this stupid kooky Kerry (that's his girlfriend). And I got upset and jealous but it wasn't the sort of jealous Max thought it was. I want him. Because that's always how its been and that could change when she will always be in our business and then we might not be friends anymore and I'll be lonely. And then what will I do!"

"Well to me Indigo that sounds extremely confusing. Is this girl really called kooky Kerry?" Rose questioned.

"No. Well I made up the name."

"Right I see. And why are you jealous?"

"Because I... I don't want to... i..i can't tell you mum!" I hesitated.

"You tell me everything. Wait do you like someone at school?"

"Something like that, but I don't know what to expect from you Mum and I don't know what you would think. I wish I could tell you, I really do, but I can't. Now I would much rather you leave me in peace for a while." I walked away as my mum gave me a soothing smile. My mum was extremely beautiful. She had shoulder length curly, chestnut brown hair and cherry, red lips. The plain blue uniform dress she had to wear for work surprisingly looked good on her too.

I was back in my room staring at my posters making up names for all of my stuffed animals. I love animals and used to stitch up my teddies and cover them with plasters when I was little. My dream is to become a vet and save every abandoned animal on this planet. I changed into my spotty green pyjamas and my yellow duck slippers. They had intricate gold glitter on the tip of its wings.

"Hello sweetie, just brought you a hot chocolate treat."rose always baby talked me even though I had just turned fifteen a few weeks ago. I get that she doesn't want me to grow up but she's got absolutely nothing to worry about. You should see my bedroom room for a start!

"Thanks Mum! You're the best." My Mum was now in her faded, floral print nightie and her pale pink dressing gown. When my mum was wearing her pyjamas she looked sweet and kind as she always does but she looked ever so cuddly like a big teddy bear too.

"Mum did you ever love dad?"

"Of course I did Indi. Otherwise if I didn't fall in love with dad I wouldn't have had you would I. You were never a mistake just know that. Your dad loved you hunny."

"Well if he did he would have never left. Would he!"

"Maybe he did it for his own good."

"Mum do you think we could find him and get him back so that we would be one happy family again."

"Oh sweetie how do you think we would be able to do that?" Rose chuckled.

"I'm not joking you know!"

"You've got an imaginative little mind in there haven't you?"

"Why did he go away mum?"

"To be honest I don't really know. Maybe he needed a new life, like a new beginning you know what I mean don't you?" My mum looked at me studying my eyes.

"Yes I know what you mean and when we do meet dad again he will bring me the biggest stuffed animal in the world and a whole new wardrobe. I would have a sparkly pink dress and lots of skirts and flowery tops."

"Really?"

'Yes of course! Well  that's if dad hasn't forgot about me."

"Awww pumpkin, of course he hasn't forgotten about you! You were his little shadow."

"Night mum love you."

"Night sweetheart and I love you more."

"That's not possible is it?"

"Of course it is!"

I sipped at my hot chocolate licking the cream off my lips. I reached for my blue leather notebook which had hand painted lavender on the front. I opened the first creamy page.

I thought for a while on what to write; maybe a fact file about animals or a book about a dragon on a quest to find a fairy.  Slowly I dozed off, holding my pen and forgetting to brush my teeth.