𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚

-
Cold Start

Taehyun finally reached the desired floor. His hand gripping tightly on the contents he was carrying.

Stay calm. Stay calm Taehyun.

He is your boss.

Nothing else. Erase those memories.

Just freaking erase those.

Taehyun mentally prepared himself and finally knocked on the door gently earning a soft 'come in' within a few seconds. With a click sound, he quitely entered not making a single sound giving away his identity.

There he was.

His face adored with beautiful chestnut brown colored hair, more mature looking facial features, few marks on his face still making him look ethereal.

"Who is it?" Taehyun snapped out hearing the older's voice. His heart shaking with anticipation and fear for some reason. His tongue got tied up for some reason.

The bravery he gathered up inside him just a while ago crumbled in no time.

After a few seconds of silence, Beomgyu lifted his head towards the direction of the younger like he knew where he was standing. Taehyun swore he saw the fierce and professional form of Beomgyu changing a bit.

"Taehyun isn't it?" The addressed male's heart went wild hearing the soft voice specially directed to him.

Hell, the older even recognized him through his silence.

What type of sorcery is this?

"Sir, I came to hand over the documents you asked for. Here is it." Taehyun ignored his stupid heart and focused on his work trying to remain cool. He walked closer to the older who was sitting and gently extended the contents in the older's hands directing him the files.

The older sensed that Taehyun was quite near him and got up taking the file he was handed over. The other flinched a bit and backed away by a few centimeters giving away his actions.

Because, Beomgyu had a sharp sense of hearing. So he sensed that quite easily.

"Taehyun..."

Taehyun bit back his trembling demeanor.

"It's Mr. Kang for you sir." Beomgyu felt a sharp pain hearing the voice. He could clearly imagine the younger standing there with a blank face.

And it was indeed the reality.

"How have you been?" Taehyun's hands fisted up in his clothes his heart shuddering agressively hearing the unusual yet expected query from the older.

"I have been great sir. Why? Did you expect something else?" Taehyun replied sharply. His tone obviously appearing not so warm.

"I-I... No. Why will I expect something else?"

"Yes. I will take my leave sir." Saying this Taehyun immediately turned around and left the cabin not even turning around once closing the door letting out the heaviest sigh in a while.