Jeremy turns back to me, a grin on his face. "Wait." I heard a female voice say.

From the corner of my eye, I see her walk closer towards us. "Are you okay?" she asks, her blue eyes filling with concern.

I shake my head, tears streaming out of my eyes.

Her eyes suddenly fill with anger. "Get the fuck off of her." she shouted.

The last thing I saw was Creighton's eyes darkening, his brows furrowing and his lips curling in disgust. "Creigh-" I try to breathe

He staggers towards me, a slight slur in his movements. The thumping in my head continued and I just passed out. 

•••

I haven't seen Creighton since detention and currently, I was waiting for him by my car. I glance down at my phone and it read 6.01. He's late. Perfect.

With a small smile on my face, I open my car door to drive home. Creighton could find his way home. Before I could even turn the engine on, the passenger door opens and my mouth parts as I watch Creighton sit comfortably in my car.

"What are you doing?" I ask, shocked. He didn't look at me at all. It seemed as if he was hiding his face from me. "Creighton," I call out.

He lifts his head to look at me and my hand slaps over my mouth. "Creighton," I whisper, as I stare at the huge bruises on his eye.

"Don't tell me you're concerned." he taunts, smirk tugs at his lips.

"No but what happened?" I ask quietly.

He touches the bloody bruise. "Just a small disagreement." he murmurs as if it was not a big deal at all.

"You can't go home like that, Creighton," I state.

"I don't suppose you have any makeup I can use."

I laugh. "I do but the shade match might be an issue." I say, giving him a tight lipped smile.

"I guess that might be a problem," he says, frowning.

I reach over to the glove box and take out the emergency kit. I pull out the wipes. "Come here." I say.

He leans forward and I use the wipe to gently clean the bruised area. His eyes didn't move from my face and my stomach clenches at the heat of his eyes.

"Are you getting suspended again?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "It wasn't a school fight."

"Underground fighting." I quietly whisper.

He tenses. "What."

I could feel the heat crawling up my face. "I didn't say anything." I say, pulling away and turning the engine on.

"Yes you did. Are you stalking me, Angel?" he asks, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I scoff. "I would never. Why would I stalk you?"

"Isn't that a fascinating question? I've heard the rumours about me. That I'm part of some secret boxing group." he lets out a laugh as if that is the most amusing thing he has ever heard.