Chapter 2-Percy's VK side

Start from the beginning

Then Evie gasps. "It's you!" She takes a step back and looks frighten. She was always afraid of Percy. "But you're dead! How?!"

Percy spreads his hands. "Well Evie-Weavy," He mocks, "That's where you wrong. My dad got me off the isle and sent me here, where I went to Camp Half-Blood." He points to his shirt. "Poseidon made me leave everything behind, even my personality! He told me that no one would like me, trust me if I was myself. So, I had to change. I went on quests and went in two wars! I became the caring, loyal hero that everyone likes. But now that you guys are here, I can be myself! I haven't let out my VK side in ages and life was getting boring."

I hug Percy once he's done ranting. He went in two wars. And he was forced to become someone he wasn't. As I step back from the hug, Ben clears his throat. Oh, right, he probably had no idea what was going on. Whoops, my bad. "Percy this is Ben, my husband. Ben, this is Percy, my best friend from the Isle. He was thought to be dead."

Percy narrows his eyes at Ben. "You look familiar...wait, let me guess, you're Belle and Beast's son."

Ben looked surprised.  "Yeah, I am. How did you know?"

Percy lets out an inhumane growl. "Your parents are the reason I was on the isle. They took me away from my mother when I was three years old. The Isle of the Lost is no place for a kid to grow up. It shaped me into my insane ways. It was just because of my heritage they thought I was dangerous. Stupid reason if you ask me. But...since you got my friends off the isle, I won't blame you. And to answer your question, you hold yourself like a king, you are dressed in royal clothes, and I have taught myself to read people. Also, you just look a lot like them too."

Ben looks down sad. "I'm sorry for what my parents did, but you will be happy to know that anyone can go between the isle and Auradon freely now."

Percy's face lights back up again (playful insane look) and pulls Ben in for a hug. "That's great! Now I can terrorize Auradon and the isle at the same time!" Then he lowers his voice. "But, um, thank you bro. That means a lot to me."

"Aw," I taunt, "Is Percy being nice?"

Percy lunges at me and tackles me to the ground. "Say that again and I will make your life a living hell." His voice is as cold as ice.

I laugh, as we stand up and turn toward the others. "Got it Joker Jackson." 

Percy growls, he hates that nickname. I gave it to him when we were on the isle. He does act a lot like the Joker. 

"Percy!"

A girl comes up to us. She has blond curly hair and has an orange t-shirt that says Camp Half-Blood like Percy's. She has intense grey eyes and has tan skin, as if she spent most of her life in the sun. I look at Percy to see his whole persona instantly change. He becomes more laid back and his smile becomes warm. He looks like the most caring person ever. I don't like the person he has become. It doesn't feel right. It doesn't look like Percy.

"Hey Annabeth!" I want you to meet my childhood friends!" His voice doesn't have the creepy edge to it. 

"This is Jay." Jay does a mini salute before putting his hands in his pockets.

"Carlos." Carlos does a small wave.

"Evie" Evie smiles brightly.

"And this is Ben and Mal. Mal was my best friend growing up. But then I met the gods and Sally and I had to move away."

Annabeth is grinning at me. "I'm Annabeth, as you know, and this piece of sarcastic schist is my boyfriend."

I am confused Percy's weird Percy-nality change, then remember that he has to act differently around her. "Excuse me, but can I borrow Percy for a second? Thanks!" I don't wait for Annabeth's reply as I tug Percy behind a column. 

"Why don't you introduce your VK side to her? You will need to show her at one point." I whisper.

"I can't! What if she gets scared of me?"

I shake my head. "If she gets scared of you and breaks up, then she never really liked the real you."

Percy takes a deep breath. "Fine," He says coldly, "But not now. I'll do it when I feel the time is right."

I grin. "And that's all I need to hear Joker Jackson! Now I wanna see that camp of yours!"

Percy chuckles darkly and smirks, his signature insane look coming back. "Ok, just try not to die. 'Cause that would get real messy."

Second chapter done! Hope you guys liked it! You can ask me any questions about the story if you have any.

Remember to;

Vote

Read

Take care of yourself

Sleep 

Eat

-Laurel