chapter 271-290

Chapter 271

After returning home, Charlie threw the encounter with Loreen out the window.

However, after calming down, he suddenly remembered that he hadn't refined the medicine he had promised Anthony Simmons and the Moore family.

For them, the medicine was simply the most amazing medication the world could provide.

But in Charlie's opinion, it was merely one of the most common medicines in the Apocalyptic Book. If he could refine and produce the more powerful and magnificent medicines recorded in the book, he wondered if it could bring back the dead or even make someone immortal?

Despite its possible miracle, those magnificent drugs required a lot of exotic and rare ingredients, some of which he hadn't even heard of. Most importantly, a lot of them were primers that needed reiki to refine into usable materials. He was just a beginner in producing medicine and there's still a long way to go. Hence, he needed to tread slowly and cautiously.

Nevertheless, Charlie was willing to refine and produce medicine for them because he wanted to accumulate more experience in this department and enhance his skills.

He didn't have the ingredients for the medicine in his hands, but it was the Moore family's responsibility to look for them since they wanted him to do the job. Thus, he took out his phone and called Jasmine.

Lately, Jasmine had been contemplating how to keep in touch with Charlie and spend more time with him.

Her grandfather had stated that whoever was lucky enough to have Charlie as their son-in-law would have the family prosper and be successful. It was nothing but a huge waste for Charlie to be with an insignificant family like the Wilsons.

The best way was to make a powerful and extraordinary pair. Only the most prominent family in society was eligible for a son-in-law as extraordinary as Charlie.

How could a godlike figure be with a menial commoner?

Her grandfather's words lingered in her mind. The more she thought about it, the stronger her passion towards Charlie grew with a tinge of longing.

She wanted to call Charlie more often, meet each other more often, and also keep in touch more often, but she was afraid that Charlie might notice her too-obvious actions.

Jasmine had always been a proud and elegant lady. She could be regarded as the noble princess that was everyone's focus in Aurous Hill. The daughters of other families were dull in comparison with her existence. She was beyond the reach of all the men in Aurous Hill.

Jasmine had never had any feelings for any man until now—Charlie was the first. Unfortunately, he was a married man, a live-in son-in-law.

Jasmine found it to be very ironic. She was uncertain and doubtful as to how to make a move on Charlie and develop something passionate out of it.

This time, Charlie's face occupied her mind. Just as she was daydreaming about Charlie, he received a call from him! She shrieked excitedly like a child getting candy.

She answered the call and her voice was slightly shivering when she asked, "Hi, Master Wade, how can I help you?"

Charlie chuckled softly and said, "Miss Moore, I plan to start refining the medicine tomorrow but I need some ingredients. I hope you can help me out with it and send them over to me."

Jasmine was absolutely thrilled when she heard that Charlie was finally going to produce the medication.

The Moore family had been eagerly waiting for Charlie's miracle medicine, but they hadn't heard any news from him and they dared not to urge him. After all, he had promised to give it to them for free, how could they rush him albeit his generosity?