THE OTHER BROTHER

Start from the beginning

Back to his hotel room I am helping this man pack. Come to think of it I know nothing about him, but I am so free around him.
“Where are you from?” I ask
“Eshowe. Close to your hometown.” he responds. His phone rings. “I have to take this.”
I watch him as he disappears to the bathroom. I should ask him more questions. Maybe he is a serial killer who knows. I should watch more of those documentaries about crimes. His name might pop up.  I sit on the bed – rather take a few snaps of myself. I feel like a grown women in just 24 hours. Maybe there is something wrong with me, who knows. I feel a stare and indeed this man is looking at me like I'm crazy. 
“If this phone is going to make you capture everything then I will have to confiscate it with immediate effect. “
He got to be kidding me. I lock my phone and shove it in my pocket. I sigh boredly. He pulls me up and holds me from behind and kisses my neck. 
“I want you to pay attention to me and not your phone miss. I can't share you with technology.”
Did he just say that. I crack in laughter forgetting that I am torn down there. I need to control the way I laugh. This man will surely kill me before my time. Who gets jealous over a mere phone? 

-

-

-

After spending the entire with the man. Here I am back at home packing ever shit that is mine. Manqoba refuses to share the information of my fathers were abouts. I can’t leave without bidding farewell to Banana. I am heartbroken. He doesn’t understand how badly I need this. Seeing that man's face will assure me his recovery. It's been days and no message about him.  The only thing Manqoba keeps tell me is that he is fine wherever he is. And I shghall see him soon as a better man. 
“Don’t think too much. Focus on your schoolbooks. The rest shall unfold itself.” That is Grandma standing by the door. 
“What do you mean?” 
“Let things be Khanyisile. Do not force matters. When are you going back to school.” 
I sigh and stop folding my clothes. I am going back home later this evening and I am certainly not looking forward to it.
“Next week. I fear Durban. I am scared of how people will react to a person who has exotropia. I have never seen anyone look the way I do.” 
Come to think of it. I meet thousands of people a day, but none look like I do. Maybe I am cursed in a way. Thinking about this makes my heart sink. 
“Your mother... Let me help you pack.” 
“What did my mother do?” I ask. If it’s about us having a quarrel then I don’t budge.. 
“Nothing child. I will have to call the boy from next door to catch a chicken for you.”
She can kill me. I don’t want no rosters in my bag. I can't afford to smell chickens after being laid by a man who smells a cologne that gets your attention fifty miles away. Never!

THABISILE

I wish I hadn't stayed behind - I hate using taxis. Just because I wanted to spend a night with Skhosane – now I am suffering and barring to be squashed in a back seat of a quantum. I feel like a weak high school teenager. Everything about this is just wrong but my body is betraying me in a way. The power of a good dick. On another hand I have been having an eye for Khany’s friend Manqoba. Looking at him weakens all of my intestines. How does one have a hold of me this much? We haven't exchanged words other than Goodmorning and Goodnight. 
I look at my wristwatch and we are an hour away. Lord be with me. Me and the taxis will never mix ever again. I blow out a frustrated sigh. This is not what I envisioned at this age. I feel like I need a wake-up slap. We are now approaching the last...
“You look uncomfortable.” Says the man sitting beside me. I won't even lift my head to look at him. I am so focused on the road ahead. I wish it was me who was driving. I would have pressed the accelerator so fast that this taxi would be flying. 
“My Sista.” 
“Can you let me be.” I snap. I tap my foot down impatiently. All I want is to be out of here, how do people survive being squashed like this on a daily basis?