A sesseion of overthinking (4)

I looked away, embarrassed.
What was I thinking?
I haven't even known him for 24 hours.

"Uhm ok I was just about to ask Damien something, but when I entered you're room you weren't there. Well, at least I found you guys. "
David looked a bit uncomfortable in the situation.

"Look, I'm sorry for ruining the moment really - you know what? I'll just leave you guys can...uhm... you know continue." He turned around and hurried up the stairs.

I buried my face in my hands and sighed.

I don't know who it's more uncomfortable, me, Damien, or David.

Damien and I made some tea and chatted for a bit. Afterward, we went up the stairs and went to bed. He said he'll sleep on the couch in my room.

"You know, you don't have to sleep on the couch, right?" I felt so guilty for letting him sleep on the couch.

"Oh, so you want to sleep with me?" I could feel the smirk in his voice.

" Don't make it sound weird," he chuckled at my response.
God, his chuckle is so charming.

My cheeks warmed a bit.

" Ok, ok, I'll stop,"

"Still, I don't want you to sleep on the couch. You're my guest, aren't you?"

"That's so sweet of you, but It's your bed." I kind of wanted him to sleep next to me, but it's too embarrassing, and I still don't know him so well yet.

We talked for another minute until my eyes felt heavy again. They closed slowly against my wish.
I don't want to go back to sleep. What if I have a nightmare again?

I don't want to have the same dreams.
Tho I've noticed having nightmares more frequently, I never really paid a lot of mind to it as they were never so vivid as this one. I could feel the pain in my lungs and my whole body. It terrified me.

"Are you scared to sleep?"
Damien suddenly asked

" How do you -"

"Tyler, I know you like no one else.
I'm your soulmate, and I've known you for God knows how long.
I can feel your fear. Besides, we have a mate bond, " he softly said. Standing up and walking to the side of my bed. He crouched down and took my hand in his. My hand looked so small compared to his.

"It's ok to sleep. I promise you'll be fine. If I have to, I'll sit here beside you, holding your hand until you wake up again. "
His gentle words touched me.
And I felt a small tear rolling down my cheek.

I got up and hugged him tightly, making him almost fall back
" Thank you. " I whisper

" Anytime ♡" he whispered back. I felt my heart violently pounding. And I knew he felt it, too.
My eyes closed as I was still in his warm embrace.
*How can someone be so perfect?*
Was the last thought in my mind as I lost consciousness.

_______

The following month went by, in me not being able to sleep. Which started to worry David and Damien.
My mana and spiritual energy, which were supposed to have returned by now, still weren't as strong as they were supposed to be.
I was told that I was a really good student, yet I couldn't even use basic magic correctly yet.
I forgot all my knowledge of martial arts and simple magic.
I can't count the times I've already cried because of this.
Luckily, I had Damien, who always stood by my side and held me in his arms.

How could I have possibly deserved such a perfect soulmate?

I found a hobby that I liked. ☆Drawing☆
even tho I'm not particularly good at it, it helps me relax and clear my mind a bit. I had this habit of not being able to draw if I don't listen to music. My favorite kind is indie, like Arctic Monkeys and Nirvana, but I also like songs from Queen or Mother Mother.

"Tyler!!!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed David snipping his fingers in front of my eyes.

"I'm sorry I must've zoomed out."

He sighed
"It's ok, what were you thinking about?"

"Nothing, important don't worry about it." I put on a small smile in the hope of convincing him of my lie.

"Are you sure? You haven't touched your food yet."
He put a gentle hand on my shoulder.
"I'm not really hungry right now. I'll eat later."
He sighed

"Just because Damien had to go do some work doesn't mean you can stop taking care of yourself."
He said worriedly

" It's not because of that. It's just... I-...*sigh* it's been a month, and I still can't use basic magic.
It's frustrating because even the doctors said I used to be really good at fighting and using magic, yet I can't even use telekinesis. What do I do when I have to go back to school? What do I do if I never get back my gifts?"
I didn't dare look him in the eyes

" It's ok, don't worry about it now. It's probably because you get your energy back by sleeping. So we just have to figure out how to make you sleep better. I'm sure you'll be back to normal in no time." He smiled gently.

"Now eat well and rest a bit. "

" But, haven't I been resting for the last month? It's boring, especially when I'm alone, you and Damien have work." :(

" You can do something with Xavier. He's your guardian. He's a part of your soul. And it's the perfect opportunity to bond with him.You can meditate.
you'll understand why once you try." He simply replied

What does he mean? Meditate, how is it supposed to help me with my boredom

I was about to get up when he stopped me

" Not until you finish that plate of food."
I sat back down
"Right, I forgot."

I finished my food and went up the stairs to my room.
Closing the door behind me.

I found a comfortable position in my bed and sat with closed eyes.
I imagined a room with black walls, but it looked kinda cozy. Soft lights decorate the walls and a comfortable looking couch. Some different kinds of band posters hung on the walls.
And brown dark oak bookshelves with many different books on them. The room overall looked really comforting and cozy. Especially with the many beautiful green plants that were placed in every corner of the room.

I have no idea how I got the idea of the room, but I don't regret it.

I saw a person who looked really similar to me,
just with different clothes, haircut , and eye color, his teeth were sharp like the ones of a vampire. And he had a bit more muscle when me . He was peacefully reading a book with his legs crisscrossed.

His vibe fit perfectly into the room.
Wait -. I know who he is...

Xavier, I smiled as I saw him.
He looked up from the book he was reading and smiled back.
After putting in a bookmark, he got up and rushed to my side, greeting me with a warm hug.

" I missed youuu."
I chuckled