Underhanded Diplomacy

Start from the beginning

"For the Enclave Embassy to assist Lungmen against threats after Reunion are dealt with and possibly the criminal underworld, Enclave would like a public treaty signing, Showing that we are allies." Misha's explained. 

Wei hesitated for a moment but seemed accepting. "Anything else?" 

"The Farsight Enclave will give basic civilian technologies to Lungmen and, in return, a termination of your open cooperation with Rhodes Island" Misha's voice went stern, knowing this was the one he would resist. 

Both Wei and Hoshiguma looked shocked by the proposal. 

"May I ask why? What has Rhodes Island done to receive this attack from you?" Wei asked in surprise. 

"Don't be fooled. Rhodes Island is full of hypocrites, and they are breaking many international laws but becoming militarized." Misha commented.

The mention of law-breaking surprised Wei. Rhodes Island certainly had many unique and powerful fighters. Not many would think they were a pharmaceutical company. 

"And you aren't?" Wei asks, trying to catch Misha out. 

"We aren't a civilian company. The best description is private military like Blacksteel, but unlike them, we have multiple Divisions with different weapons, armour and doctrines. 

Wei sat back in his chair and thought hard. It certainly was a gamble, knowing next to nothing about the Enclave but almost everything about Rhodes Island. What was that saying? Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Misha and her 'Bodyguard' continued to stare patiently.

~

"Texas! hey, Texas!" Exusiai shouted as she ran into their current safe house, coming to a halt and caught off guard by the visitors they had presently. 

"Exusiai, stop shouting," Texas calmly replied. 

"Ah, heh, sorry..." Exusiai grins as she rubs the back of her neck. 

Rhodes Island was here and had operators standing around the large room. Texas was in the middle and was conversing with Amiya when Exusiai rushed in. 

"Exusiai, hello" Amyia looked at her and smiled. However, the Sankta could see the smile the Cautus had was fragile at best.

"Amiya! Glad you're here! You'll never guess what" Exusiai rushes over to Amiya and Texas excitedly. 

"Exusiai, please" Texas's wolf ears were twitching, the loud voice of her colleague cracking in her ears. 

"The Farsight Enclave has sent people to speak with Chief Wei! I saw Madam Ch'en leading them into the building. Hoshiguma was there too. The Bodyguard dude was big and had impressive armour and weapons!" Exusiai announced, gaining everyone's attention. 

Amiya's eyes widened along with everyone else's. Exusiai looked around at the gathered operators, recognizing all of them quickly enough. There was Amiya, Nearl, Blaze, Perfumer, Kroos and Dobermann.

Amiya quickly bolted out of the safe house. 

"Amiya!? wait!" Dobermann shouted as all operators quickly stood and ran after her. 

"Oops?" Exusiai said as she looked at Texas for answers, only to receive a quiet sigh in reply.

"Come on, let's go after them..."

"Yes!!" Exusiai shouted with a grin. Halo and wings glowed brighter. 

"Stop shouting!" Texas asked in annoyance. 

~

Chief Wei had been thinking for ten minutes and finally decided. "I agree with the first Term, an embassy in return for helping us with Reunion."