Chapter Nine

It was sudden chaos over Alcatraz Island. Word had spread about the attack that occurred in the control room, just a moment ago. And, on top of that, the prisoners had escaped and there was a group of people in super suits coming to the island, just as defenses were down. Now, every available Egghead was called to action, taking up position all around the island.

Meanwhile, in the midst of it all, Drakken was making a mad dash for the rooftop access. Unfamiliar with the territory, he got lost along the corridors of the cellhouse, bumping into one Egghead after another. "You, soldier!" he addressed one female Egghead.

"Ugh! I have a name – it's Sheila!" she griped. "I'm the only one who's a girl!"

"Like I care!" Drakken barked. "Take me to the helipad! I need to get out of this place before—"

POW!

Out of nowhere appeared Shego. She dropped right atop of Sheila, knocking the Egghead soldier to the floor. Seeing Shego there in front of him, Drakken was overwhelmed with joy. "YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"And you're dead!" Shego's flaming fists clenched.

"Wait! You don't understand, Shego!" Drakken protested before she could land a punch. "I tried to talk Blofeld into going back for you! He was the one who wanted to leave you in the Team's custody!"

Shego scoffed at his story. "Yeah, sure you did."

She was about to proceed in mutilating him until the half-conscious Egghead she knocked down groggily said, "H-He's right...I was t-there...H-He wanted to go back for you...b-but Blofeld denied his re-request...It was really sweet that he wanted to save you."

Drakken smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Sheila."

"You're...welcome," the female Egghead managed to utter, prior to losing consciousness.

With Drakken's claim substantiated, Shego extinguished her fists.

"You really stood up to Blofeld, eh? Not exactly the smartest move, considering the type of man he is. I'm surprised he didn't have Hinx twist you into a pretzel."

"I have to admit, for a second, I almost thought he would."

            Shego was touched by the notion of Drakken's devotion to her, though she wouldn't dare let Drakken know that

Shego was touched by the notion of Drakken's devotion to her, though she wouldn't dare let Drakken know that. "How 'bout we get outta here before ol' One-Eye himself finds us," she suggested.

"One-Eye?" Drakken frowned. "Blofeld has two."

"Not anymore," Shego smirked.

"What did you do, Shego?"

"Something I should've done a long time ago. Now, c'mon! We get to that chopper before things get even crazier here!"

--------------------------------