Chapter Eight

Kim awoke on a cold, hard concrete floor. Her head and body throbbed as if she got hit by a freight train. She then remembered what (or more precisely who) did hit her – Mr. Hinx, who was as big as a freight train. When he knocked her out, they were in the lab of Heinz Doofenshmirtz inside his "Evil Incorporated" building. When she regained consciousness, she found herself in a locked cell with Perry the Platypus and two men in suits that looked to be special agents. "Where are we?" she asked them.

"Alcatraz," said the one agent in the navy-blue suit. Kim couldn't stop staring at his oversized chin. "And it's not as fun as Clint Eastwood and Burt Lancaster made it out to be."

"It's good that you're finally awake, 'cause maybe you can explain why the League locked a girl and a beaver in here with us," said the other agent in the gray suit. His features were a little sharper than his associate's.

Perry let out an aggravated purr over the agent's mislabeling of him.

"He's not a beaver...he's a platypus," Kim spoke on Agent P's behalf. "And who're you guys anyway?"

 "And who're you guys anyway?"

"Stan Smith, C.I.A.," the big-chinned agent identified himself.

"Sterling Archer, I.S.I.S.," the other agent did for himself.

"I.S.I.S.?" Kim frowned. "I never heard of them."

"That's exactly what I said," Smith reflected. "I think 'Agent Archer' here is a mole working for the League."

"Oh, right, I'm the suspicious one!" Archer derided. "We're locked up with a freakin' platypus! How's that not suspicious?!"

The two men proceeded to bicker on the topic for a good two minutes, much to the annoyance of Kim and Perry. "Guys!" Kim yelled over them, ceasing the pointless argument. "Let's just say, for the sake of clarity, that we're all on the same team – an actual team, not just the name for the people we work for."

"Wait, you two are agents for the Team?" Smith acknowledged. "I've heard rumors about the world governments putting together a group of elites to look into the League, but I never expected a teenager and an animal to fall into the recruitment."

"Were you guys looking into the League as well?" Kim asked.

"Yeah, we were," Archer confirmed. "Until our covers were blown, and we ended up sharing a cell together."

"My cover was blown," Stan elaborated, side-eyeing Archer. "For all we know, yours is still intact."

"Oh, give it a rest, you discount Jay Leno!" Sterling retorted.

"I happen to like Jay Leno, you son of a...!"

Words turned to fists between the two men, exchanging blows. It only lasted a few seconds before Perry leaped in and separated them by knocking both men down with a single roundhouse kick. "My god, that platypus is an expert combatant!" Smith exclaimed.