Chapter VIII: Act VIII

Start from the beginning

"There you two are," Paimon said in relief before turning to Haypasia's figure, "Haypasia! Are you alright?" She asked.

"Uh, ughhh... So hungry... Need... water..." Haypasia groaned out as a cough escaped her lips.

"She looks famished!" Aether exclaimed.

Paimon quickly turned toward the two males. "There's no way we can get her to eat in her current condition. Let's try finding some water first," Paimon states.

Turning to the cave's entrance, the trio took notice of how it became foggy all of a sudden.

"Huh? Wait! Why does it look super foggy outside all of a sudden? Anyway, let's go look around!" Paimon squeaked.

(Y/n), Aether and Paimon exited the cave just to be introduced to a very different layout that wasn't a part of the outside world.

"Huh? How'd things out here end up looking like this? Wh—What happened!? And where are we?" Paimon exclaimed, freaking out.

"Relax, Paimon," Aether said soothingly.

(Y/n) looked at the new surroundings with furrowed brows, this place felt oddly familiar somehow... as if he's been here before.

Paimon turned to the blonde-haired boy. "Really? Oh, maybe you're right... Let's go investigate the area," she retorted.

✧˖*°࿐

Reaching the end of the changed atmosphere, a tall Abyss Herald stood in the middle of the room clad in black and blue armor.

The Abyss Herald released a laugh from behind his helmet, immediately recognizing Aether and (Y/n).

"Hahaha! Well, well, well. Looks like we meet again, Traveler and Asmodeus!" The Abyss Herald exclaimed in a distorted tone.

"Ah! The Abyss Herald! What are you plotting to do in this strange place?" Paimon exclaimed.

"Strange place? Plotting? Hehehe... You needn't worry about such things, they don't concern you!" The Abyss Herald replied as he unsheathed his weapon.

"Looks like it's fighting time," (Y/n) mumbled as he manifested his polearm into his right hand.

Aether gritted his teeth as he allowed his blade to manifest into his hand.

"Looks like it," the blonde-haired male agreed.

Paimon stood near the back, clutching her hands against her chest as she watched the two males go up against the Abyss Herald with worried eyes.

✧˖*°࿐

Aether skidded back while (Y/n) jumped backward, landing beside the said blonde and Paimon.

"Huh? Wh–Why can't we beat this guy...? Paimon doesn't get it. We've faced others like him before, what's wrong this time?" Paimon asked.

The Abyss Herald loomed over the trio, staring down at the three with a menacing aura. "Traveler, though you may have managed to avert countless crises before, your good fortune was bound to end sooner or later. It's time you realize how weak and powerless you really are!" His voice boomed out.

"My journey will not end here!" Aether retorted.

Laughter escaped the Herald. "Your sister? Mwahahaha! Oh, pitiful Traveler, are you really so ignorant? Or are you just living in complete denial? Her Highness has long since forsaken you. Your meager existence in Her Highness's eyes is that of an annoying big only to be stepped on! The bonds of love and family which drive you to find your sibling are utterly gone! Your journey with the True Ruler is meaningless! But don't you fret now. Today will be your last. Now die!"