"Yeah, I'll lie to my mother on your behalf"

Start from the beginning

"...Got it..sorry"
Your voice lowered now and eyes down to your hands holding his vests.
"I can't decide right now, both maybe? Please?"
"It's for work, you only need one. I'll just go with what you said first.."
You mumbled spinning round on the balls of your feet and heading back to the bedroom.

He only mutters an okay, already focused back on the papers before you even left the room.
You didn't know if it was because he was still angry with you or not, but Jesus it sure as hell felt like he was ignoring you on purpose, though it was more him being unintentionally distant, distracted and keeping himself busy after his dad fucked shit up, his dad really put him through hell as a kid, then things were going alright till his dad showed his face and now he's trying to do everything and anything he can to take his mind off it, trying his hardest to make it look like he isn't bothered anymore.

You decided to just take the one bag with both your clothes for tomorrow, wasn't really much to take other than your FV jacket and fresh jeans and undies, same for Eddie though his overalls are at work so it was just his fresh boxers and vest.
Once packed up you took the bag and headed out again dropping it by the front door, still having an half hour before you had to head off so while Eddie was still working away you took a seat on the other end of the sofa flicking through some furniture magazine, sitting in silence with the odd incoherent mumble from Eddie as he reads over things, you probably looked through the same magazine about five times before you reeeally got bored.

Huffing a bit as you dropped it beside you on the sofa and checked the time.
"...You almost done Eddie"
You ask quietly, not wanting to bug him.
"...Mhm,still a few more things but I'll leave them for tomorrow...need to head off soon yeah?"
He replied looking at his watch quickly then starting to gather up papers.
He left them in a folder and not long after he cleared up you both headed off, ten minutes early but sitting around while he was working was gonna bore you to death so you didn't question it, he grabbed the bag by the door and you headed out to the van.
It wasn't a long drive  back home, but he put the stereo on low like always no matter how long or short a drive was going to take.

Once you pulled up out front you got your seatbelt off and didn't even get hold of the bag that was sat by your feet when Eddie spoke,
"....I needa make a quick detour..I won't b-"
"Eddieee...seriously?!? And you wait till now to tell me?"
You say with an annoyed frown on your face, letting out a deep sigh.
"I'll make it in time for dinner...! I promise..It won't be long, just..tell mom I'm talking with Kent but I'll be on time"
He adds itching his brow, you just sit there shaking your head defeated.
"Alright. Yeah, I'll lie to my mother on your behalf.."

You reply, half as a joke and the other half serious, with an annoyed tone of voice, he didn't find it that funny though by the unamused look he gave you after you said it.

"....I'll tell her. Hurry up, and be careful, please.."
You say leaning across to peck his cheek quickly before hopping out of the van.
"Will be..in a bit"
He says ducking his head down slightly to look out of the window as he watches you walk up to the house, driving off only when you step inside.
Small knot in your stomach formed immediately as he said he needed to make a detour, but it was ignored the best you could by the reminder of the promise he made, and by your mom coming out from the kitchen when she heard the door close so you literally had to ignore the sicky feeling because you didn't want her to pick up on anything.