65. Not coming back

Start from the beginning

"B-cap." Spencer spoke up.

"What's B-cap?" Derek asked.

"Geography maybe. I mean, it's mentioned in relevance to D.C. Maybe it's a code name for a partner." Penelope suggested.

"I can't see it." Spencer started getting upset.

"Hey, no. Why don't we kick it over to the team? Maybe they can suss out..." Before Derek could continue, Spencer shook his head.

"No. No time. Get out." Spencer demanded, everyone getting out of the conference room, Penelope grabbing her laptop.

"He's had a rough couple of months." Penelope exhaled, hearing a loud bang. She jumped when she watched Spencer throw another book at the giant window that looked out at the BAU bullpen.

"Oh..." She gasped.

———
(Unknown Location)

"Where is that place that you go to to ground yourself? I'd like to know." Scratch stood next to the bed, watching as Emily exhaled, trying to get the pain in her legs to subside.

"So you can destroy it. See, I've read your case file. I've read about how your father was killed when you were 13, and earlier, you said something about crossing a line when it came to stalking a child. I realized Hotch's son Jack, he's 13 now, too." Emily shook her head, staring at Scratch.

"I'm not a pedophile. I'm insulted by your inference." Scratch gasped, shocked.

"No. Your interest in Jack is clinical. You want to see what it will be like if he grows up without his father like you did. That's what I've been focusing on. After you kill Hotch, you'll never leave Jack alone. Am I right?" Emily explained.

"You are." Scratch nodded.

"Then let me tell you something, Peter. I've died before protecting a child. That was a child I barely knew, but J- Jack, I love Jack. I've watched Jack grow up. I will not betray him or his father, so it doesn't matter what you do to me. I will not break." She stared at Scratch with determination in her eyes. She watched as Scratch chuckled.

"Let me test that resolve." He smiled, grabbing a scalpel. He held the scalpel dangerously close to Emily's eye, watching as she continued to stare right at him, not blinking once. He closed his eyes and put the scalpel down, sigh.

"You make an interesting point. I need a plan B." He admitted, leaving the room.

The moment he was gone. Emily let out a long exhale, releasing a breath she didn't even know she had kept in her lungs. She let a tear slip, her eyes widening when she saw the other man walk past the plastic.

"Hey, you, come here...just for a second." She begged.

"Please, I just need a second." She watched as he hesitated before entering the room.

———
(At The BAU Office)

Spencer paced around the conference room, not only concerned about finding Emily, but also concerned about Cassidy. It had been a few hours since he last heard from her.

Meanwhile, Matt, Penelope and Derek sat out in the bullpen, still working on the files.

"This I might be able to help with. Prentiss' last text had to do with Honduras. Scratch's last known sighting before tonight was Honduras." Matt pointed to the text messages on Penelope's laptop screen.

"Right, and we thought Scratch fled there after he framed Reid for murder in Mexico." Penelope nodded.

"Right. Prentiss asked the I.R.T. to contact our central American sources just to see if we could find anything. Now, we never did. We also never stopped to ask why Scratch was in Honduras in the first place." Matt exhaled.