Emily walked through the jail, her heart racing. The last time she saw Spencer was when Cassidy dropped off some clothes for Spencer so he could look like himself.

"Hey." She walked closer to his cell, noticing that he was sitting up.

"You should be in the office." Spencer smiled, standing up off the bench. He walked over to the bars.

"I'm right where I need to be. You okay?" Emily smiled, crossing her arms.

"Yeah. I'm okay. How's my mom doing? How's Cassidy? How's Cassie?" Spencer questioned.

"She's doing well. JJ's been by to visit every day since your arrest. She explained everything to your mom. Cassie's been a great help. That makes a big difference." Emily caught Spencer up, stopping when it came to Cassidy.

"As for Cassidy, she's how you'd expect her to be. She's either at the office, drowning herself in work, or at our houses, avoiding your shared apartment." Emily exhaled.

"I'm such an idiot." Spencer rolled his eyes, almost tempted to bash his head against the bars. But, he opted for the safer option, rubbing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Don't, Spencer, don't. You were trying to help your mother." Emily shook her head, trying to keep his spirit up.

"I fell right into Scratch's trap." Spencer shook his head.

"He won't win." Emily was determined.

"He already has." Spencer scoffed.

"Just the battle, not the war. You didn't do anything wrong." Emily uncrossed her arms, holding his hands through the bars.

"You and I both know that doesn't matter. All that matters is what the prosecutor can prove, and Scratch has stacked the deck against me. Even the FBI's abandoned me." Spencer scoffed again, starting to pace.

"I know. But we'll keep fighting." Emily exhaled.

"I don't even have a lawyer." Spencer rolled his eyes. He knew that in reality, he was screwed with it or without a lawyer.

"About that...I have a friend, Fiona Duncan. I've known her forever. Her father was in the foreign service, and we met in Italy when my mother was chargé d'affaires at the embassy there. After college she was a Rhodes scholar. You'd like her. Anyway, now she's one of the best defence attorneys in D.C. I would like it if you would let me reach out to her about representing you." Emily explained, Spencer shaking his head in denial.

"Emily, I really, I appreciate it, but you helping me could destroy your reputation at the Bureau. My battle, my choice." Spencer explained.

"Please, let me help you. Tell me I can reach out to my friend." Emily begged, watching as he nodded.

"Good." Emily smiled.

"T- Thanks." Spencer exhaled.

"Spencer, listen to me. We are gonna get you out of here, I promise." Emily smiled.

———
(At The BAU Office, Emily's Office)

Emily and her friend Fiona stood in one of the many interrogation rooms of the Federal jail. Emily watched as Fiona held the file in her hands, inspecting the details within.