BB Cadets (Pt 1)

Clothes are the Uniforms used in the episodes as well as above.

Today is a shopping task day, and the lights come on around 9.30, however Keith, Patsy and I have been up since about 6.30 this morning and seen all the posters, the wooden replacement for the dining table and chairs, and the 'campfire' with logs around it. Patsy also discovered they've put all the food in the storeroom due to the task, and no coffee or tea for anyone today, or at least not yet.

"This is gonna be a long day," I sigh with a yawn, as Keith kisses my forehead.

"Gotta raise the flag," Keith says, looking out the windows of the bedroom to see a flagpole in the garden, although I'm sure there's more to come in the task today.

Once everyone is up, we all sit around the campfire and Katie reads out the agenda for the day, which details the task and its parameters. Calum and Mumma are on one of the logs around the campfire, and I'm sat resting against their legs, cuddling Cal's other leg as Michelle plays with my hair and we watch Perez be a weirdo with the campfire while we wait for Katie to begin reading the task.

"It's too early for that, yet," Katie yawns to the three of us, indicating towards the knobhead playing with the 'fire'.

Katie gets the iPad with the brief on it, and begins reading.

"Housemates, for this week's shopping task, housemates will become Big Brother Cadets, and will have the opportunity to earn Big Brother Cadet badges. If housemates earn enough badges by the end of today, they will pass the task and win a luxury shopping budget," Katie reads.

"Yay," we all tiredly cheer, a lot of us still rubbing our eyes.

"When's the coffee?" I huff, earning laughs from the housemates, knowing how much I savor that one cup of coffee I can have each day, with the little energy boosts doing wonders.

"Badges will only be awarded if Cadet's complete their cadet challenges successfully. These challenges will test housemates loyalty, bravery, comradery and selflessness," she continues, before pausing and commenting, "no chance mate."

"Every cadet group needs a Cadet leader. Big Brother has appointed me, Katie Hopkins, as your cadet leader, lucky you," she continues, making me snicker in amusement as Alicia makes her unhappiness known.

"Great start," Cal encourages Katie.

"From this moment, you must refer to me only by my official cadet leader name, 'Red Pigeon'," she reads. "Would you like to practice that?"

"Red pigeon," we all repeat back to her with varying enthusiasm, and she does a little dance on the spot at that.

"It's a task, let's have fun with it," Kav encourages the group.

"And not take everything too serious, enjoy it and make the effort to get along with everyone," I remind everyone, and the group nods in agreement or compliance, albeit Alicia does so reluctantly, and Perez doesn't at all.

"But make sure that we pass the task," Nadia says sternly, and we all agree.

None of us want the basic shopping budget, can't cook things that are as nice as what Nadia and I have been cooking.

We get changed into the Cadet uniforms, with mine having long cargo pants with the stretchy maternity waist band instead of the cargo shorts everyone else is in. I roll the pants and tuck them in my socks but so that where they are tucked is hidden and it looks nice and tidy, like how people in the army wear them. I do my hair in two braids, with the ends of the braids twisted into a bun at the base of my neck so that the provided cap sits nicely on my head and my hair is out of my face.