Big Brother's Shopping Aid

Calum and I are both up early this morning for when production calls me to the diary room for my appointment. Once I'm gone, Big Brother is announcing to housemates that I have been approved for a medical appointment, and that it is up to me if I want to share what it's about. Obviously Michelle and Calum know what's happening, and they will be the first people I tell/show when I come back.

I haven't had any food and barely drank any water since you're not supposed to when getting an ultrasound. I stole one of Calum's sweaters to wear today, which he saw me stealing and just smiled, pretending he didn't see, and I paired it with some leggings because I wanted to be comfy.

Around 8.30 am I get called to the diary room, and production whisks me away for the scan. I'm not able to bring Calum or Michelle as that would arouse too much suspicion if they came.

"Hi Mrs James, my name is Doctor Becker, I'll be giving you the scan today," A female doctor around middle age comes in the room.

I lay on the bed, pulling the sweater up and the leggings down a bit and tuck a towel in. With my belly exposed like this, it accentuates the small bump forming at my lower abdomen.

"Alright, this will be cold," she tells me, putting the jelly on my stomach.

"Oh my gosh!" I shiver.

She moves around the doppler for a few seconds before finding the baby. The sight of it on the screen makes me tear up.

"There's your baby," she says gently, smiling. "Baby looks very healthy, good size, no abnormalities. I would estimate about 13 weeks along."

"That's about right, yeah," I say.

We finish up the appointment with me giving her the information for my normal OBGYN, so she can send her the stuff for my next appointment when I'm out of here, or for the 16 week scan, which would be just before the final. She prints off a few pictures and puts them in a little folder for me.

I meet with production outside the doctor's office and we head back to the house. I enter the house through the diary room and see everyone assembled on the sofas chatting, and their attention turns to me.

"Hey! What time is it?" I ask no one in particular.

"About 9.30 now," Nadia tells me, looking at her watch.

"Thanks. Cal, Michelle, can I see you for a second?" I say, raising a few eyebrows. They follow me into the bedroom and we move to the back of the room in case people try to listen at the door.

"How did it go?" Michelle whispers. I hand her the picture, placing the rest of the folder in my nightstand drawer. She gasps, tears coming to her eyes and smiling widely. She pulls me in for a bear hug after passing the scan to Calum.

"I'm so happy for you!" she whisper shouts, bouncing with happiness.

Calum is sort of just frozen with a smile on his face.

"There's a couple more photos in the folder if you want one for yourselves," I tell them.

All of a sudden Calum scoops me up carefully into a giant hug, tears coming out of his eyes.

"I love you so much!" he mutters, kissing me softly. Michelle 'aws' like a proud mum in the background, making me smile. We pull away and decide to tell the others, who are thankfully all still on the sofas.

"Hi, can I get everyone's attention for a second?" I call, and they all pipe down.

"So the reason I was gone, as you all know, was for a doctors appointment," I start nervously, "But the reason for it is that I needed a scan done to check on the baby."