The one with the job offer

Klim shady deserves all of the love in the world and I hope yall enjoy this!
___________________

I put my camera down and look around the arena before going to my office. I upload the photos and then post them on the teams page.

"One more season" I tell myself. At the end of the last hockey season I promised myself i'd move somewhere else after another season. Since I'm done for today I go through my emails from the last few days.

To Vera

We have seen your work and are reaching out to you to offer you a job as team photographer for the Edmonton oilers, if you are interested in the job please get back to us as soon as you can

- Oilers management

That is in canada. It doesn't sound like such a bad idea. I research the team and the city for a little bit before going home. On the way down to my car I check my phone and see a text from my best friend. Klim.

Klim

доброе утро
(Good morning)

Vera

доброе утро

He moved from russia to the United states to play hockey back in 2017 and I haven't seen much him since but we've kept in touch. Being closer to him would be nice and we could facetime more than we do. I email them back when I get home accepting the offer.

Since it's the end of the night and nobody's awake from the team I decide to let them know in the morning.

I found a place near the arena and now I have to wait for a responds and for my Visa to be approved which means I'll still be working for the team for a little longer.

When I get home i sit back and start to remember when I first got the job as the team photographer. It was 2015 and I was only 16 years old, I was young but they gave me a chance. I had met klim when we were 14, he pushed me to start doing sports photography and he got on the team the same year I started.

2015

"Vera!" Klim cheers seeing me. I smile and hug him "Klim" I reply. He rests his head ontop of mine while I hold my camera and he stands taller with his skates on. "My good luck charm" he says.

I wave him off "stop it" I reply. "No" he says. "Klim get out there" the coach tells him. He skates off and the coach gives me a look "sorry coach" I say then scurry off to the stands to take photos. The game starts just 20 minutes later and I sit on a tiny stool.

As they pass by me I take photos and don't bother looking until later. I go up a few rows so I'm able to get a good shot incase they score.

Luckily right after I get up there klim scores and does his celebration so I capture a photo.