Chapter 11: Arranged & Allowed

Start from the beginning

My sleep is abruptly interrupted and I hear his whispers continue lowly near my ear. My eyes are open but the rest of my body is paralyzed. My left hand moves with a mind of its own to my throat and strangles me back unconscious. I find myself lying on the crescent island's beach and catching the sunrise. "What happened?" Jimmy appears beside me and forces a kiss on my mouth. I push him away and wipe my lips with the back of my hand. "What are you doing? It wasn't supposed to happen like this." I say.

"How do you think it was supposed to happen? Gentle, slow, sweet and immaculate? I don't have time for that. We've waited many years for Mother to come back and I'm going to make sure you uphold your end of the deal." He furrow his brows then grabs my face and puts both of his thumbs on my temporal lobes. "Look me in the eyes. Look me in the eyes, Asha!" He yells. I squeeze my eyes shut and he digs his short rough nails into my forehead. I scream and he roughly shakes me twice. I open them and stare him into his small brown eyes with tears streaming down my cheeks. "Good girl, see that wasn't so bad." He says.

He whispers in tongues. "Mother Mira give me your guidance. How do I fertilize her egg? How should I bring you to be here?" He yells and goes back to speaking in tongues. He rolls his eyes and shake. "Perfect idea Mother. You always have the best ideas. Let's change scenery shall we?" He asks.

He claps his hands and our surroundings mist into a laboratory. "Dr. Star we have subject zero stationed on the basement level in the facility." I say. We both are wearing lab coats and I get an info dump on where we are, who we are and what we are doing.

Dr. Star is the lead scientist on the experiment of a giant sized subject we found in one of the caves in the Antarctic mountains. The subject can speak to me telepathically and says he comes from outer space. As the second lead scientist on the case, I am entrusted with the subjects well-being until we gather enough proof that he is in fact an extraterrestrial and not a human genetic anomaly. Then we will tell our bosses what we have discovered but I have a feeling Dr. Star does not want to share the success of this find with a intern female scientist like me. I have to make this a win for me somehow.

We are located in a subterranean base in Antarctica. The government funds our research. The more oddities we find out here in the deep depths of the oceans around here, the more I think the sea is space and that outer space is just seas faraway from here. What does that mean for extraterrestrials? Well, I think they are just from lands really far from here.

I wonder if subject zero is sleeping right now. What am I doing? Why do I care? He's a subject Aya nothing more and nothing less. Don't get too attached. Dr. Star will remove me from the case if he knew I have a soft spot for subject zero.

We take the elevator to the basement level. Once off, we walk down the barely lit hall. We approach our lab door named: subject zero. "Dr. Ashtree, can you release subject zero from his housing room." He says. I nod my head and press a button on the desk near the door. Dr. Star clears his throat and picks up a writer's pad from the counter on the side of the room. He pulls a black ball pen out of his lab coat  pocket and clicks it.

The subject walks into the lab area shirtless with long white pants on. His pale blue skin seems to shine under the bright lab room lights. His silvery white hair jostles a bit with every move he makes. I briefly walk to the subject and lead him to a seat at the center of the room. "Dr. Ashtree, can you touch the subject and assess that they are not hurt in any way or carrying any weapons?" He says.

I nod my head. I lightly rub and pat down subject zero. He stares at me intently the whole time. I wonder if he's angry about being touched or...

"Or I am plotting on how to convince you to escape with me." He says.

I briefly look at his crystal light eyes then look away. Stay focused Aya. Stay focused. He does this all the time. Ignore him and get your job done.

"Has the subject said anything new to you." I shake my head and chuckle awkwardly. Dr. Star clicks his pen and sighs.

"I want you to stay and bond more with the subject. I'll be back. There's something I need to check." Dr. Star says.

Now, it's just me and subject zero in the room alone together. The lights in the lab shut off and a red light flashes in the hall. "Security breach! Security breach! All staff and interns shelter in place until the threat is over." A computerized lady voice says. The doors automatically lock and I mistakenly back into subject zero in his seat. "Sorry subject zero." I say.

"My name is not subject zero. It's Jan'xu. I'm not here to be your lab experiment. I'm here to take my wife back home."

"Who is your wife?"

"You." Surprise briefly washes up on my face.

He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist. I turn around in his light hold and he lifts me up on his lean muscular exposed chest. I peck his lips. He dives in and gives me a heartwarming kiss. Soon we find ourselves breathlessly writhing all over each other on the floor until we are a sweaty mess. We finish our passionate copulation but this wasn't the first time we did this in this week with each other. We help each other fix our clothes and I fetch a hard candy mint out of my pocket.

"I'm surprised you're not dead or physically falling apart." He says.

"Why? We haven't even proven that you're an extraterrestrial. You think I can't handle a mutated human?"

"I'm not a mutated human." His eyes briefly turn crimson and he stares down at me.

"We'll see about that love. We'll see when the genetic results comes back." I giggle.