Chapter 9

Isabelle's POV

We stopped outside a big club. The driver opened the door for me and we got out. The cold air hit my skin making me shiver. Ares also got out and put his hand on my waist and guided us inside. The club was so unique and luxurious. It was Ares's and the club had his touch. We stopped near a booth where a lot of people were.

"Capo." They all greeted and Ares nodded his head.

"Let's start." Ares said and i sat beside him. They all discussed God knows what i wasn't paying any attention. This was so boring. I excused myself to use the restroom and left. Even the restrooms were so extravagant. I am impressed. I did my business and fixed my makeup. When i came back to Ares, i saw a girl sitting on his lap and he looked annoyed and angry. The girl was constantly touching Ares and i wanted to smack her nose. Hell, i am jealous. He's my husband and i have a right over him. I approached them and slapped her hand away from my husband's shoulder. Everybody looked at me with a shocked expression. Ares smirked and she got up from his lap.

"Never ever come near him again." I threatened her and she rolled her eyes and sat on the other chair. Damn, I was never this confident.

"Now you got it Hazel. Never ever come near me again. It's my wife's orders." Ares said to her with a smirk and i was satisfied. He pulled me onto his lap and the meeting continued.

"Thank you, You all are dismissed." Ares said and everybody got up. Thank God. I am exhausted hearing there business deals. That red head Hazel is sitting and glaring at me. I ignored her and Ares got up and took me to a VIP section.

"That was so bold and hot of you. I like that version of you." Ares said and i smiled. I saw Olivia coming near us and she snatched me from Ares and hugged me tight.

"Now let's have fun Bella." She clapped her hands and dragged me to the bar.

"Hey she's not getting drunk." Ares shouted at Olivia and she nodded.

"Let's have a cocktail." We ordered our drinks and chatted. A girl same height as me came near us and Olivia jumped seeing her and pulled her in a hug.

"Thank God you managed to come here." She said and the girl smiled. She seems sweet.

"Oh Isabelle, This is Tessa. Alfie's girlfriend." Olivia introduced me to her and we caught up. Tessa is really a decent girl and liked her alot.

"Finally, my girl gang is completed." Olivia squealed.

"Ladies." Hazel came to us and Tessa frowned. I got furious again.

"What?" Olivia said boredly.

"I see you all are having so much fun. Isabelle nice to meet you. I am Ares's business partner and his close friend." She emphasized the word 'Friend' and i just nodded.

"Will you excuse us please we are trying to have some fun." Olivia snapped and Hazel rolled her eyes and left.

"I never liked her. She is so irritating." Tessa said and i nodded my head in agreement. We turned and saw tears slipping from Olivia's eyes as She and Loid stared at each other. Loid gave her a cold stare and her bottom lip wobbled.

"Hey liv, You okay? What happened?!" I asked and gave her the side hug. Loid left the hall and she blinked her tears.

"Nothing. Let's dance." She tried showing that she's alright and happy when she's not. It is apparent. I made a mental note to ask what's bothering her later. She squealed as the music boomed and everybody danced. I saw Ares sitting at the VIP section's couch looking at me while sipping his whiskey. I didn't dance because i was hell neevous. I just stood there and talked with the girls.

"Hey Girls, Are you all alone here?" A blonde guy approached us and Olivia's expression was triumphed. She looked uncomfortable.

"Fablo, What the hell are you doing in our club? How dare you entering our property, My brother will kill you!" She shouted at the man's face who chuckled.

"Too bad. I came here to congratulate my dear rival of his wedding. Is this beautiful lady the famous Isabelle Knight?" He smirked at me and i shifted uncomfortable in his gaze. He's Fablo Mendes, Our mafia's biggest rival which I've heard. Ares stormed to us fuming with anger and faced him.

"Mendes, You fucking have guts to talk about my wife in my fucking club! From where did you get this confidence?" Ares snapped.

"Hello Ares dear, You got a pretty wife man. Really perfect." Fablo looked at me and his gaze sent chills down my spine. This guy is creeping me out.

"Throw him out of here. Now." Ares said and punched that Fablo on his nose. Loid ran to him and the guards took him out. Ares ran a hand through his hair.

"Are you ok?" He asked me and i nodded.

"Let's go home." He said and i bade goodbye to tessa and Olivia and we left.

Ares's POV

That fucking Idiot had an audacity to enter my club and flirt with my wife. It fucking boiled my blood. That bastard killed my guards and ran away. I wanted to held him hostage and teach him a lesson and by this our last and the worst rival would've been dead. The fucking end of our fucking problems. I am shit tired tired of this.

"Ares?!" Isabelle whispered and I hummed.

"Who was he?" She asked.

"My biggest rival and the person after you. He sells woman into sex trafficking." I told her and she gasped.

"A-after me?" She asked in horror.

"Yes, He's your cousin and his father and your uncle had your father's property in their hands. They want to sell you into the human trafficking." I told her and she gulped. She was breathing hard.

"Don't worry. You will be safe with me. Nothing will ever happen to you. It's my promise. You're my wife and it's my job to protect you." I comforted her and she played with her fingers nervously. She seems stressed hearing this. The whole ride to my mansion was silent. She was half asleep and staring outside in a thought. I pulled up in front of the house and we got out. As we entered the house, i got a phone call. It was Loid.

"What Loid?" I asked tired.

"Ares, he is planning something and it's not good. He ran away from this country and we can't locate him. He wanted to show himself the last time in the club as a threat." He dropped the bomb.

"Shit. Try to trace him and his men." I said to him.

"I will try my best. See you tomorrow." With that the call ended. I went upstairs in my room and saw Henry coming out of his room.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked him.

"Just wanted a glass of water." He said and i nodded. Entering my room i saw Isabelle already sleeping. I changed into my boxers and got on bed. She was facing me and snoring softly. I brushed a thumb on her cheek.

"Il mio coure é solo tou." ( My heart is yours) I whispered to her and the sleep consumed me.