Chapter 7

Amber's Point of View

Two weeks passed after Asher and I talked, I got weaker and weaker, my body can't barely do a thing anymore, and it seems like I always lying on the same bed where I sleep.

I feel sorry for mom and dad because they are always awake, hungry and tired taking care of me. Every day dad leaves to look for my donor while mom is left to look out of me.

Sometimes I think about giving up but I wonder what would it feel like to be finally out of this bed, to be able to stand up with my own two feet, and to feel the cool and fresh environment surrounded by my loved ones, I will fight and I will heal so that their sacrifices and suffering for me will go to nothing.

"Mom, have you found my donor yet?" I asked mom while she was busy peeling an orange.

"That's our big problem because there is no compatible person to donate for you." I can see the sadness that was filling up her eyes while saying those words.

"I'm sorry Mom for putting you in this situation, wherein you have to go through all this problems. You and dad don't deserve this."

"Don't say that Amber, this is not your fault. Put this on your mind that all the problems, sufferings and pain you I mean we are experiencing is just a challenges , of God, he's testing our hope on him. So, promise me that you will fight and you will be strong no matter happens." Mom said.

"I promise that I'll do my best to reassure you that all your sacrifices for me will be worthy, I love you, Mom." I uttered while wiping off her tears. It took minutes before I finally broke the silence.

"Mom, I have something to tell you.' Mom looked at me strangely.

"What is it?" I grabbed her hand and placed it to my stomach.

"Amber don't joke like that!" Mom said angrily.

"I'm not kidding mom, I'm pregnant 1 month and 5 weeks." Mom covered her mouth in shock.

"I'm going to have a grandchild I can't believe it. Why did you just say it now?" mom laughed in excitement.

"I just found it out yesterday, when Elaine came here and help me did the pregnancy test." Mom hugged me.

"My princess is about to have a child. But does your doctor already know that you are pregnant?" I just shook my head. I know that this illness of mine will affect my pregnancy, but I will do everything just to keep my child.

"We need to inform your doctor about this." Mom went out to look for my doctor. After talking, I was left alone again in this room. I was busy eating orange while watching television when the door suddenly opened. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing here Asher? I don't want to see your ugly face, get out of my room before I call a guard to drag you out." I tried to calm my voice down because I didn't want to have trouble breathing again, and hold back my tears even more.

Because every time I remember what he said to me that night my emotions can't resist the pain.

"I came here to apologize, for all the things that I've said. I know that the word sorry is not enough to take away the pain you feel, but I hope you will forgive me." He came to me and handed out a stem of red roses along with a human size teddy bear.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him while still looking at the television. I'm just pretending that he doesn't exist, but the traitor heart of mine is beating very fast for him. Especially now that he's close to me.

"I would like to talk and be with you before I return to Singapore." I forced myself not to cry but I couldn't stop it.

"Are you really going to leave me?" I asked as I wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you, I love you so much Amber. Everything I said to you that night I didn't mean it, I was just forced." I laughed because of what he said.

"Unintentionally? Which? Is it the one that hurt me or the one that you almost killed me because of heartache. Which of the two?" He just bowed because of my question. As I stare at him, I can see a big change in him. He has lost a bit of weight and it seems that he is no longer the old Asher who was know for dressing very well now he is only wearing a pair of jeans and a crumpled long sleeve polo shirt.

"Allow mw to explain, so you can know the whole truth. And also to relieve the pain your chest is carrying right now." I just gave him a death glace.

"Get out!" I pushed him away.

"Listen to me first Amber."

"Why did you listen when I knelt down in front of you and begged you not to break up with me? You didn't so you better leave." I see the pain in his eyes when I pushed him, it wasn't strong because I had a dextrose and another thing I can't push him away from me. He caught my hands and immediately hugged me.

I felt like I was electrocuted in his embrace while there were butterflies flying inside my stomach.

"I love you, I'm sorry."