Chapter 11 - Failure

Jimin woke up when the sound of his door knocking grew louder... with a lazy groan he forced his eyes to open... only to realize that he once again fell asleep in his study... ignoring the neck and back pain he was feeling due to his awkward sleeping position, Jimin made his way towards the door which he feared would come off hinges any minute if the banging continued in the similar pattern...

He opened the door and came face to face with Hoseok... Seeing his fiance's furious look, Jimin covered his face and then smiled apologetically once his eyes met the elder's flaring orbs... "Bab-" Jimin's words got stuck in his throat once Hoseok raised his hand to stop him... "Breakfast is ready" that all Hobi said before he turned on his heel and disappeared from Jimin's sight...

Guilty... that's what he always feels whenever he looks at elder male... he knows that Hoseok is not happy with him being drowned in his work... And he can't actually blame the other because they were supposed to plan their wedding and he is here trying to solve his best friend's murder mystery...

Jimin feels so helpless... He wants to tell everything to Hoseok... he wants to make him understand that the case he has been working on for the past 6 weeks is not any random person but their best friend... He was currently standing in front of the mirror in their bathroom... his reflection was mocking him for being a failure...

Korea's number one investigation officer is nothing but a failure... who can't even find Taehyung's culprit... He failed as a police officer because even after 1 and a half months he is nowhere near to find the murderer, he failed as a best friend because he couldn't protect his soulmate, he failed as a partner because he is keeping secrets from Hoseok who never for once hid anything from him... he failed as an uncle because he is allowing a stranger to be Tae-hee's papa just to keep her happy... but for how long?

How long can he continue doing this? Can he hide the truth from Hoseok forever? What will he do when one day his fiance will ask him 'Jimin... if you really wanted to prioritize your work so much then why did you say yes to me?' What is he going to say? Will he ever be able to reply to him honestly or will he allow Hoseok to walk away from his life? And on top of everything... If Tae-hee found out about Taehyung's death then how will he face the nine-year old?

Jimin was so engulfed in his thoughts that he didn't notice Hoseok was behind him until he felt a familiar pair of arms wrapped around his waist and Hoseok's chin resting on his shoulder... "What is bothering you, baby?" There is something about the older male's raspy voice and gentle touch that makes Jimin melt and crave for more... he closed his eyes and leaned into the feeling...

"I... I don't know Hobi... this case... I am giving my everything to find the murderer but I am not getting anywhere... I feel like a failure... I feel like I am not good enough... I failed as an officer and I am failing as a good partner... I-" Jimin stopped talking when Hoseok started leaving butterfly kisses on his slightly exposed shoulder and neck... "Continue" that's all he said before he went back on marking Jimin's neck... How was he supposed to continue when his partner was making him feel euphoric...

When Jimin said nothing and let Hoseok abuse his skin with heart-shaped lips, the older male stopped and stared into Jimin's soul through their reflection in the mirror... "I don't know anything about your profession Chim... but I have been with you since we were kids... So, I know that you could be anything but a failure... I have seen you sacrificing everything to reach where you are today... If you feel like things are all over the place then give it a little break...

Like while I teach students new dance moves and they find it difficult to understand they make more mistakes than usual... so, I give them a break... which helps them to relax, understand, reevaluate things and get back to routine... Do you think the murderer won't be alert and try his/her best to get away from your reach? Take a break... let him think that he is free to roam around the city and meanwhile... use a different strategy to capture him... that's all I can suggest... Also-" Hoseok took a deep breath and made Jimin face him instead...

"You are not a failure as a partner... If anything... I am proud to be your fiance... I always knew your work is your first priority and that's what makes me fall in love with you even more... I am mad at you because you don't care for yourself and neither do you allow me to take care of you... it pisses me off when you fall asleep in a study room or when you skip meals and look like a walking zombie... If you are thinking that I am going to leave you for giving importance to your work then you are wrong Officer Park... because I will always stick by your side no matter what... If you want... we can postpone the wedding... I can wait... Just- never say that you are a failure" Hoseok's eyes were filled with warm tears which somehow made Jimin feel even more guilty...

All this time... he allowed his negative thoughts to rule his mind and he stupidly started believing that Hoseok will leave him... for the first time in 6 weeks he allowed himself to cry... All this time he was trying to act strong... pretending to be fine but in reality he was dying from the inside once Yoongi called him saying Taehyung is gone... His soulmate left him and he resisted himself from crying but there is so much pain a man can take... He finally allowed himself to grieve for the hole that Taehyung's death left in his life...

After what feels like ages... Jimin started to calm down... Hoseok cupped his face and wiped the tears away... only to make room for new ones to fall... "Are you feeling better?" Jimin nodded in response... yes, he was feeling much better... he was feeling oddly relaxed... "Good, I made your favorite... come fast" Hoseok said before capturing Jimin's lips in a slow and passionate kiss... a kiss that was to reassure the younger male that Hoseok will be there for him... no matter what... After Hoseok left the bathroom, Jimin released a long sigh... He did his morning routine and was about to enter the dining room when his phone started ringing... It was Yoongi...

"Hello Hyung"

"Jimin-ah... There is an emergency"

"What happened hyung?"

"Taehyung's father is here and-

He wants to take Taehyung (Jungkook) and Tae-hee with him"

*No proofread*

A/n: Sorry for the lack of Yoonkook/Taegi moment... I really wanted to show other people's POV... there will be one for Jin too... hope you like...

And

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE MEOW MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!