Comfort

The Lego Movie with me in it!

After Emmet sacrificed himself to save the others.

When we are in the spaceship watching other people build.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"If only Emmet were here to see this. He'd say something adorable like..."

After she said whatever word she said next I grabbed her hand.

Me:"We need to talk."

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Why? What--Ah!"

Before Wyldstyle/Lucy realizes what is happening I drag her to the back room of the spaceship(Let's pretend that exists)and close the door.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"And we're in the back room."

Me:"You're in love with Emmet!"

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Huh?"

Me:"I heard what you said earlier. You're in love with Emmet!"

Wyldstyle/Lucy sadly smiles.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Yeah.(Sadly unhumorously chuckles)I am. And now he's gone. Forever. And I'll never see him again."

Lucy leans her back against the wall, slides down, puts her head in her legs, puts her hands on her face, and sobs. I immediately sit down next to her and rub her back comfortingly.

Me:"Shhhh...Let it out. It's okay. I'm here."

Wyldstyle/Lucy grabs a fistful of my shirt and cries into it so hard tears soak through. But I don't care. My best friend is hurting right now. And it's my job to comfort her.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:(Crying)"This grief has a gravity(Gets up a little bit but then sits back down)it pulls me down."

Wyldstyle/Lucy continues to sob into my shirt as I try to comfort her.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"I deserve this."

My mouth falls open in shock.

Me:"What?"

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Emmet is such a sweet, sweet guy. And I was so mean and rude to him from the start. It serves me right to have him taken away from me."

Me:"No, no, Lucy--"

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"DON'T CALL ME THAT NOW! IT REMINDS ME OF EMMET!"

Wyldstyle/Lucy breaks down into another fit of sobs.

Me:"Wyldstyle...look at me."

Wyldstyle/Lucy looks up at me and it breaks my heart to see her so broken up. Her swollen red eyes. Her tear stained cheeks. Her snotty nose. She sniffles.

Me:"Emmet sacrificed himself to save you because he loves you."

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"I don't understand why he loves me. What could he possibly love about me."

Me:"Well, you're beautiful, smart, brave, and caring."

Wyldstyle/Lucy gasps.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Really?"

Me:"Yeah."

Wyldstyle/Lucy weakly smiles.

Wyldstyle/Lucy:"Thanks, Author's Name."

I give Wyldstyle/Lucy a comforting hug.

Me:"Anytime, Wyldstyle."

The End!