A star (Emma Stone)

Authors Note: this one shot is requested by @killingcovvs. This is Emma Stone x singer!reader and I hope you enjoy! Sorry it took so long to publish this I've just been a bit busy lately but here it is.

Y/n's POV:

*Knock. Knock* two soft knocks ring through my quiet, at home, music studio. I sit on a chair gently strumming the strings of my acoustic guitar trying to write a song for Emma. "Baby you know you're not supposed to be in here." I say turning around to see my fiancée standing in the doorway with a small smile on her face.

"I just wanted to see you, is that such a bad thing?" She asks, walking over and straddling my lap. Thank god my band and team left...

"Of course not." I mumble, leaning in and pressing my lips against hers. I rub my hands up and down her thighs as we kiss, earning a soft moan from her. "I have to work baby." I whisper in between kisses.

"Yeah, I know." She mumbles against my lips before getting up and heading towards the door, she sends me a quick smile before leaving. Leaving me to get back to my thoughts and my album I'm currently working on.

The next day as time flys by I only have 2 out of 12 songs completed and the deadline is coming closer and closer. The pressure is getting to me, my studio is starting to feel more and more smaller as the hours go by.

"Ok Y/n one more time. This time try not mess the strumming pattern up ok?" Currently I'm sitting in the recording booth trying to play guitar for one of the songs I'm working on. The song for my love Emma but I can't get it right, my head just doesn't want me to play this song, it's like it's in space.

"Y/n?" A voice breaks me out of spiralling thoughts. I look up and my eyes are met with Emma's soft green ones. "Honey are you ok?" She asks gently as she approaches me in the booth.

"Umm Emma your not supposed to be in there." My manager says sternly through the intercoms.

"Can you please leave us?" Emma says facing the the others outside of the booth.

"We need to get theses songs done." My manger responds again. But Emma quickly sends them a glare clearly indicating to them that they should leave and with that everyone quickly shuffles out of the studio.

While everyone is leaving my mind is still else where. What if emma hates the song, I probably can't even finish the song in time for her to hear it. Then she'll hate me for not finishing it-

"Y/n? Your crying..." crying... crying... I'm crying! My shaky right hand comes up to my face and quickly brushes away the tears.

"I- I should recorded your song now." My voice  squeaks as I try to talk.

"No baby you need to rest. Let's go take a break, how about that?"

Im dizzy.

"No! You don't understand! I need to do this now or- or else I'll fail!" I snap.

"Y/n your not thinking right. The song will be there tomorrow for you." Emma says trying to stay calm and reach for my hand.

I feel her hand try and reach for mine but the sudden movement makes me jump back, out of reach. I need to record! I need to do this right! I need to do this now!

I go to grab my guitar but my fiancée steps in the way of it. "Move." I say sternly not daring to look in her eyes.

"No. You need a break. In fact you need to stop this album right now." Emma says somehow even sterner.

"Move!" I yell and without thinking I push her... I'm frozen. It all happens in slow motion. She's in front of me one minute and the next she's on the floor. And for the first time I look Emma in the eyes only to see one thing.

Fear.

"I- I-" what have I done? Before I can make the situation worse I quickly run out of the room and down the hall way of my house.

"Yo y/n where are you go-" I run past my team and straight out the front door.

I need to be alone, I need to breath.

My feet take me where they want to. Ive officially lost it. Never in my life have I ever hurt Emma and I hate that now I've done it. All because of an album?!

I find myself in a park, sitting on a park bench, head in my hands. I love my job, my fans, my music but I love my family more. I love Emma much more! I want to hear our first child screaming not my fans.

The cold autumn air hits my neck and cheeks, my head becomes more and more sure of what I want to do. "Im sorry."

"I know."

"I'm taking a break." I say still not looking at the girl sitting next to me on the park bench.

"Are you sure y/n? Being a musician has always been your one true dream." Emma asks turning to face me.

"It is but... but you mean more to me than music and plus if you don't love me I can't do anything." I say quietly, finally locking eyes with the love of my life.

" I say quietly, finally locking eyes with the love of my life

"I'm always gonna love you. Nothing will ever change that baby."

"I truly do love you Emma and today I didn't show that at all."

"I know Y/n/n." Our eyes are glued to each others as we talk. I know I messed up today but if it wasn't for Emma I don't know where I would be right now.

I can't help but lean in and gently kiss her. She kisses back and rubs her thumbs gently on my cheeks, comforting me in the process.

I was a monster today. I love my job but I hate what it's made me into. So let my break begin.