The Intro

It's 4AM in the morning. Byt it's never to early for you. You quickly run down the stairs to get breakfast going and set the timer. "And...set!" You smile as you run up the stairs to get dressed. Today was the day you moved outbof your parents house. You were happy, but also scared. Lucklily where you were moving to had your favorite cousin living there as well. It soon went from 4AM to 7AM in a flash. You stood outside your house waving at your sobbing mother and happy father. "My baby!" Your mother cried. "Mom, I already told you, I'll be fine." You sigh with a smile.  "I promise to call you and send letters." You smile as you run to the trainstation. Once you got on the train you heard some...music. It really caught your ears, since you were a guitarist. You loved music, it filled your sould with emotions no other inkling or octoling could feel. Then you got to hear the news on the train's radio. "Tommrow is splatfest everybody! What's YOUR favorite chocolate? Dark, Milk, or White? Let us know at Inkopolis square news!" The radio said. "Duh ( Pick one of the three chocolates) chocolate is obviously the best one. Why would you even have second think that?" You ask yourself. "Next stop, Splatsvill!" The conductor says. You get your things ready as you walk out of the train and all the way to your new house. Finnay you had made it, and you had worked up quite and appetite. It was hot here, probably because Splatsvill is located in the desert. Once you walk inside you breath in your new house smell. It smelt like wet dog. "Whew! That's quite the smell, but don't worry Febreze fixes eveything." You smile as you spray your house down with your favorite febreze sent. "Nice! Now let's get to moving in!" You say.
At the end of the day, your house decorating was finished. You fell onto the bed, about to get a good nights rest. When all of a sudden loud music came blaring down the streets. "What the heck?" You ask yourself as you look out the window. You see a inkling woth yellow eyes and dark brown skin dance ontop of a ginormous stage. Soon after that a manta ray came on a huge stages as well dancing and singing. And after him...a beautiful octoling was also singing and dancing. You gazed your eyes on her, luckily you had tented windows, so she couldn't see you were staring at her. "Oh wow...they're beautiful." You sign dreamily. But you then shake your head and try snap out of it. "Hey! I'm not supposed to be in love!" You scream to yourself.

The next day was a day to remember. You were on your way to get food from one of the open food shacks, when you saw her agian. Since it would be a good 5 hours until halftime started, Deep Cut decided to explore splatfest themselves. "Woah! This food tastes amazing! The inkling smiles. "Meh...needs more spice." The octoling said plainly. "Ay ay ( I think it tastes just fine.)" The manta ray smiles.  As the trio talks you stare at the octoling...not creepy at all. Once she notices you looking at her she walks over to you. "Hi." The octoling smiles. "O-oh um...hi!!" You say, louder than you intended. The octoling giggled at your reaction to her presence. "Who are you? I-I've never seen you before." You say as a blush forms on your face. "You've NEVER heard of me?!" The octoling asks in shock. "N-no..." You mumur. "I'm Shiver. You know, from the trio Deep Cut?" Shiver explains. You just stare at her. "Shiver, Frye, and Big man? Do those names ring any bells?" Shiver asks. You continue to stare at the octoling. "Well you've obviously been living under a rock for a long time." Shiver sighs. "Sorry. My parents never really let me listen to music. But I've always loved it. The way the wind and air carry the melody in it's melodic river...it's soothing." You calmly. Shiver blushes at the way you described your love for music. "Oh... the names y/n by the way." You smile. Shiver blushes even harder at the sound of your name, she hid her face behind her fan so you couldn't see. "That's an amazing name." Shiver smiles. "Thank you." You smile. Shiver walks away to join her group, while you're left there flustered. "I just talked to an idol...and on top of that...I think I'm in love." You say to yourself.

Since you get choose your gender for this Shiver x Reader fanfic, I will also add nonbinary pronouns. It will look like this, her/him/them. Just so you know.