26. Memories pt 4: Heartbroken

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay? Gosh, you're hurt." He asks her as he looks at her body to see her injuries. He then kissed her head softly. "I promise you, we'll get out of this together."

Soon the two of them started running through the forest and trying to find a way to get far away from the town as it is not safe for Mi Young to be here anymore. Suddenly a loud gunshot was fired in their direction, but they missed them by a few centimeters.

They quickly hide behind another tree and tried their best to not make any sounds or any movements. Seon Woo peaked a little to see where the person was, but there was nobody. When he turned around, he saw his father pointing a gun at them.

"Dad?" Seon Woo says in shock.

"Get away from her, she's a monster." His dad shouts at him angrily.

"NO, I will not. If you want to kill her, you'll have to kill me first." He says as he used his body to protect her.

Seon Woo's dad then drags Seon Woo away from Mi Young and this caused them to start fighting with each other. Once his dad manages to knock Seon Woo to the ground, he then walked towards Mi Young with an evil smile and pointed the gun at her. Mi Young closed her eyes and got ready for the bullet to shoot her, Seon Woo suddenly hugged her to protect her. It all happened so fast and she couldn't process it. It was as if time was moving very slowly. Approximately 3 gunshots were fired at Seon Woo's body.

Mi Young didn't know what to do as she was in shock when she heard the gunshots, so she quickly used up all her energy left to teleport both her and Seon Woo to the very top of the mountain where she used to live at before the town was ever built.

When she went to check on Seon Woo, she saw that there was blood soaking his clothes. She didn't know what to do as she couldn't save him at all. He touches her face and tried to calm her down.

"It's not your fault. You just wanted to stay with me. I wish your dream comes true and we'll see each other in the future." He tells her.

"Please don't go." Mi Young tells him. But I was too late already, he had already died in her arms.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

Soon rumors have been spreading around that there was a gumiho is on the loose. Hye Sun and Woo Yeo obviously heard it and they knew what the town was talking about. The two of them decided to go into the forest to find Mi Young as that was the safest place to hide and be away from people. A few hours later, they manage to find her deep in the mountain.

When they walked closer to her, they saw her hugging a dead body. They both gasped in shock when they saw Seon Woo's dead body.

"Mi Young?" Hye Sun says and knelt down. "You need to let go of him. We need to bury him." Mi Young didn't budge at all and just continued staring at his dead body.

"Mi Young, Hye Sun is right. Come on, let's get you home and change into a new pair of clothes." Woo Yeo tells her.

"No, he's going to feel cold and lonely." Mi Young tells them as she clings to his dead body and she started crying again. After a lot of convincing, they manage to pry her away from him and they decided to bury him to let his body rest.

During the past few days, Sansin helped to erase any traces of Mi Young being a gumiho and Seon Woo ever existing. Hye Sun brought Mi Young back home, but she just stayed in her room and didn't come out. She was getting weaker as she hasn't been collecting any human energy lately and you could see her becoming more pale as the weeks went by.

One day at night, Mi Young heard voices coming from outside and she started walking out of the house. She followed the voices and it led her to a nearby lake. She slowly walked into the lake and went underwater. When she went underwater, she saw Seon Woo at the very bottom of the lake. She swim deeper into the water, but just as she was about to touch Seon Woo's hand, somebody had pulled her out of the water.

"Mi Young! What are you doing? Are you okay in the head!" Hye Sun scolds her and all Mi Young could do was cry her heart out.

"Hye Sun, let's bring her home." Woo Yeo tells her.

A few more months had passed and both Hye Sun and Woo Yeo couldn't bear to see their friend suffering like this. So they both decided to erase every single memory of Seon Woo even though Sansin warned them not to do so as Mi Young will have to face the consequences as Seon Woo and she is tied with the red string. When Mi Young woke up the next day, she was back to her normal self again.

A/N: Tbh I did not expect to write this many chapters for the flashback lmao

A/N: Tbh I did not expect to write this many chapters for the flashback lmao. I was supposed to write 1 chapter but got carried away. Anyways let's move on to Act 4 (which is the last act.