“You told Akaza something in that day, didn't you?! What was it?!” She raised her sword again after catching her breath, seemingly ready for another attack streak.

“...” Ignoring her question, he reached his hand out to his face with a dazed expression, swiping his thumb across the cut as it quickly closed and then staring blankly at the red liquid in his hand.

“Hey! Are you listening?! Did you never see your blood before?! Hey! Hey! Tell me what you did! Hey!”

Y/N, I don't think he's listening to you…

“Aaargh! Look, be traumatized later, okay?! Just tell me what I want to knowww!” She grabbed his clothes, shaking him back and forth as he was still frozen.

“That…”

“That what?!” Y/N angrily questioned, starting to lose patience. (Not that she had much in the first place)

“That was really impressive! But it was too much of a small cut for me to feel pain! Next time, be sure to do a more profound wound, okay?” He smiled happy at her, approaching her face until their noses were almost touching.

“Whoa whoa whoa!” Y/N quickly backed away. “How many times do we need to have this talk?? Stop invading my personal space-”

“Eeeeeh??” He pouted. “But I really like seeing your beautiful face up close-” he took a step further.

“Nooo!” She aggressively shook her head negatively. “It's the complete, TOTAL opposite to me! I don't like you and your skittles eyes-”

“What's a skittle?”

“It's a- Wait! Stop distracting me!” Y/N jumped when she realized what she was doing. “What did you tell to Akaza?!”

“Even if you ask me, I just told him what the lord told me to say-”

“Which was?”

“Look, all I know is that the lord wanted to negotiate with him.” Douma shrugged. “Since he didn't come back, I suppose he succeeded.”

“......oh.” Y/N said, dejectedly putting the sword back in its hilt. “I guess that's how it is…”

Douma stared at her, tilting his head. He couldn't really understand why that made her so upset, I mean, you should expect that from an oni, shouldn't you?

“Don't be upset, Y/N! You still have me, isn't that great?” Even though he still didn't understand, he approached her and said this, it was a futile and terrible attempt of offering comfort.

Y/N stared blankly at him, and then sighed. “For YOU, of all people, to try to comfort me, I wonder how pathetic I must be.” She frowned.

It didn't look like she was going to cry, it looked more like she was tired.

She emotionless sat down on her bed, still blankly staring ahead of her.

“… I won't be getting rid of you any soon, will I?” Y/N suddenly asked.

“Nope, I intend to bother you for a long time.” He cheerfully responded.

“Then, may I ask you something?”

“You sure can!"

“I suppose, as much as I hate saying this, you're probably the best person I have to ask this.”

“Am I?” He tilted his head.

“Because you have no emotions and have no tact in handling people, you won't try to spare my feelings or something, right? You will be able to answer me honestly.”