Chapter 10

Knock...Knock...Knock...

Serkan knocked on the door before entering, luggage trailing behind him as Seyfi had just dropped off his stuff—his clothes, a few personal belongings, work files, and whatever he had texted Seyfi to bring.

"Well aren't you moving in so comfortably." Eda sarcastically said, rolling her eyes.

"At this point, I've already gotten used to this setup." responded Serkan.

"You are not going to start living here."

"Who said I was?" He asked, confusing Eda. "If I was going to live here, I would have several boxes with me right now. So, obviously, I'm just staying here...for a while." He pointed out. "Unless...you're suggesting that I start living here from now on?" He looked at her smugly.

"Serkan..." She said sternly.

"Tamam, tamam."

"Gerçekten, we have to tell Kiraz the truth. I can't keep doing this." She admitted.

"This?"

"Sleeping together."

"Oh Eda, we're not sleeping together...we're just sharing a bed." He pointed out, raising an eyebrow at her. "Ama if you wanna sleep together, that's something I'm open to doing." He playfully said.

"Ya Serkan." She warned.

"Tamam. I was just kidding." He said before sighing. "Neyse, what are you suggesting then?"

"I was thinking that maybe we can tell her after a week." She suggested.

"Telling her the truth about us not being together?" He asked and Eda nodded in response. "Didn't you make up this story about me being in space for 5 years?"

"That's different."

"How is that different?"

"That does not involve you and me being in one bed, acting like we're together—lying to ourselves about how we feel."

"Who said anything about lying?" He asked, seriousness in his voice. "You know very well how I feel about us."

Eda cleared her throat and avoided his gaze. "Tamam. We should probably get ready for bed. It's getting late." She said before heading to the walk-in closet, veering away from the subject.

Serkan sighed as Eda had a point about telling Kiraz the truth as she was already starting to notice things—that Serkan had a different house, and that they barely slept together. But then to Serkan, this meant that he had less than 7 days to win Eda back. The game is on. He thought.

Eda and Serkan took turns in getting ready, obviously not being able to use the bathroom at the same time. Serkan got out from the walk-in closet which was connected to the bathroom and saw that Eda was already under the covers. He walked towards the bed then furrowed his brows, smelling something familiar...and then it caught his eyes.

"You lit the candle I bought." He said, referring to the cherry blossom candle they bought at the furniture shop.

"Evet." She answered.

"I thought you didn't like it. I even thought you were just gonna store it away." He said, mischievously smiling at her which she ignored.

"Melo must've put it here earlier. Since it's already here, I just thought of lighting it." She explained. "Do you want me to put it out?" She asked, finally looking at Serkan as she sat up.

"Yok, yok." He answered, amused at how she tried to hide her interest in the candle.

Serkan then walked to the left side of the bed and laid down beside Eda. She had planned their sleeping arrangement well, Serkan on the left and Eda on the right so they wouldn't be facing each other when they slept. They laid on the bed 12 inches apart and were just staring at the ceiling.