Chapter 9

One, two, three, four...

Eda counted every step Serkan took, intently looking at him as he walked towards her. One, his brows that furrowed when the sunlight would hit his eyes even though he had sunglasses on. Two, his muscular arms that swayed as he walked. Three, his beautiful hand that slipped into the pockets of his pants. Four, his muscular chest that was visible through his buttoned-down shirt. Five, his lower lip that he licked wet...

"Eda?" Serkan asked, waving a hand in front of her face to get her attention.

"Hmm?" She responded, snapping out of her daydreams.

"İyi misin?" He asked as he took off his glasses to look at her.

"İyiyim. İyiyim. I was just...a little distracted." She answered, clearing her throat and seeming to avoid his gaze so as to not show her look of embarrassment from checking him out.

"Tamam." He said, sitting beside Kiraz who started coughing, making Serkan look at her with worry. "Lara, can you get some water?"

"Tamam, Serkan bey." She answered, walking up to a waiter to ask for a glass of water. "Here, Kiraz..." said Lara, handing her some water.

"Teşekkürler." Kiraz thanked Lara before drinking.

"İyi misin, Kiraz?" asked Eda.

"Anne..." Kiraz coughed again.

"Ne oldu?"

"I don't feel good." Eda and Serkan started to get really worried at what she said.

"Where does it hurt?" asked Serkan.

"Here..." She then pointed at her throat and chest while coughing.

Eda then put her hand on Kiraz's forehead to check for temperature. "She's heating up, Serkan." She said with immense worry.

"I don't like this. Let's take her to the hospital." Serkan said. But then as he stood up, he furrowed his brows in thought. "Kiraz, did you eat the strawberry?" He asked as her symptoms reflect an allergic reaction.

"Hayır. Just the whipped cream on anne's pancake." answered Kiraz.

Eda quickly checked the whipped cream and tasted it. Her eyes went wide in shock as she looked at Serkan. "Çilek."

Serkan immediately carried Kiraz in his arms and ran, Eda trailing behind him. They made their way to the entrance where Dante had readied the van for their drive to the airport.

"Dante, take us to the nearest hospital. Hurry!" exclaimed Serkan as they went in with Dante nodding and immediately starting the car then zooming off.

On their way to the hospital, Kiraz started blinking her eyes close as she was nearing the state of unconsciousness.

"Kiraz?" Eda called out, rubbing her daughter's arm to get her attention...but she did not respond.

"Kiraz?" Serkan also called out, but then felt her body go limp in his arms, signaling that she had indeed become unconscious. This made Eda cry out in fear.

They came to a stop, arriving at the hospital emergency entrance. Eda immediately opened the door, rushing out of the car and into the emergency room with Serkan and Kiraz. Nurses came to their assistance and directed them to the examination bed as a doctor appeared beside them.

"Doctor, my daughter ate strawberries which she is allergic to." explained Eda.

"Okay. I'd need you to wait outside while we treat her. Rest assured that she will get well. We will update you on anything." said the doctor.