Chapter 3

The voice came through the phone with excitement and panic at the same time. Eda couldn't help but smile as she had really missed this person as well.

"Engin..." She spoke. "I wonder where you got my phone number." She playfully said, fully knowing that he got it from Piril, whom she had recently given her number to.

"Yani..." He said, shrugging as if Eda could see him, but she already knew.

"What can I do for you at this hour?" It was already 11 in the evening and she wondered what could be so important that he called.

"I have a favor to ask of you..."

"Tamam. What is it?"

Engin took a deep breath and spoke. "I need you to go and talk to Serkan..."

"Engin." She sternly said.

"Lütfen, Eda...this favor is for me..." He pleaded.

Earlier...

Serkan arrived at his apartment where he usually went when things didn't go too well—and today was one of those days. He grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured some on a glass, then sighed.

Upsetting Eda was the least of what he wanted to happen during dinner but unfortunately, that was what he did. Serkan wasn't able to control his reaction towards the words she spat, and the thought of Yusuf made it even worse.

Ring...Ring...Ring...

"Alo?"

"Engin." Serkan spoke.

"Abicim, what's up?" Engin asked.

"Are you free?"

"Neden?"

"Gel. I need you to come over to the apartment." He demanded.

"Ne oldu?"

"Eda."

"Tamam, abi. I'm on my way."

Although Engin wanted to go to bed and sleep as it was already 9:30pm, he knew that Serkan needed someone to talk to and there was no one else that he would share his most inner thoughts to but him...and Eda.

Engin knocked on the door of Serkan's apartment and was greeted by a glass of whiskey. He looked at his best friend who took a sip of his drink, waiting for Engin to take the glass he was offering.

"Bu ne?" Engin asked, wondering what type of alcohol it was. But Serkan answered differently.

"Something to drown one's sorrows away."

Engin took a deep breath and went in. He followed Serkan to the kitchen, sitting on one of the bar stools as he put the glass down on the counter. Serkan stood opposite him from the other side of the counter and poured another drink on his own glass, then took a sip.

"Serkan, ne oldu?"

"You know how I went out with Eda today, right?"

"Evet."

"I took her to that restaurant we once went to at the beach." A smile formed on his lips. "Of course, I ordered her favorites...because, you know...to set a good mood. We had small talk here and there." He took another sip.

"Tamam."

"But then..." Serkan deeply sighed then took a sip.

"But then what?" Engin was itching to know.