Chapter 5

Serkan had been pretty consistent when it came to Kiraz. It has been 4 days since his museum surprise and Kiraz grew closer to him the more they spent time together. He would pick her up or drive her to school when he got the chance, with Eda, of course. He was also starting to adjust his schedule to have more free time. And in the span of just how many days, he made little changes, making Eda happy.

Step one: Appease Eda. Complete.

"Step two: Gain Kiraz's trust." He told himself as he sat in his office, waiting for his next meeting. He wasn't sure if this step would be hard or not but what he values right now is the strong feeling that Kiraz has gone closer to him.

Lara knocked on the door before entering his office, interrupting Serkan's thoughts. "Serkan bey, Birol bey has arrived. Would you need anything else for today's meeting?" She asked.

"Yok. Teşekkürler, Lara." He responded.

As Lara left, Engin and Piril with Mr. Birol, Ms. Sevil and their assistant entered his office. Serkan then stood up to greet them and shake their hands, welcoming them.

"Hoş geldiniz, Birol bey, Sevil Hanim. It's been a long time. Please, sit." He said as he motioned for them to take the seats next to him while Piril and Engin sat opposite them.

"What can we do for you today?" Serkan asked as he sat down.

"The golf resort was an amazing project by your firm and I thank you a lot. With the success of this, we are planning to expand the resort and add another country club." Mr. Birol explained.

"Like before, we fully entrust the designs to you. We would still like a presentation to get a better visual on what it would look like. But as I said, we trust you on this." Ms. Sevil added.

"We're really glad to hear that. Let's talk numbers: the size of the land we're working on, how big you want the country club to be, and also the financial side of this project."

Mr. Birol nodded as his assistant brought out several files for Serkan and his team to look at while they gave them a rundown of information. As Serkan made an assessment of the project, he knew that this was going to take some of his time but he was determined to really adjust his schedules to make time for Kiraz.

Although Kiraz still did not know that he was her dad yet, he felt that it was better that he gained her trust first so that she knew that he was someone who she could rely on—no matter what.

As the meeting ended, Serkan, Engin and Piril walked out of his office with Mr. Birol, Ms. Sevil and their assistant, when they were surprised to see Eda and Kiraz just outside the door panels.

"Eda?" Serkan asked, confused at what they were doing at the office.

"Eda Hanim, it's great to see you." Ms. Sevil said.

"It's great to see you, too, Sevil Hanim and Birol bey." Eda responded. But what caught the couple's eyes was Kiraz, who was just standing in front of Eda, leaning back against her.

"Merhaba." Kiraz suddenly greeted giving out a big smile.

"Well, who do we have here?" Ms. Sevil asked.

"My daughter." Eda answered, making Piril and Engin look at Serkan who was looking at Eda.

They smiled at Eda before looking at Kiraz. "What's your name, canim?" She asked.

"Kiraz Bolat." She answered and smiled brightly.

This made Mr. Birol and Ms. Sevil raise their eyebrows and look at Serkan and Eda. Serkan carefully pulled Kiraz towards him and gently covered her ears before words came out of Mr. Birol's mouth.