Chapter 17 - A Deal

I've been a bit slow, I know. Sorry for the huge delay.  I'll see if I can try and update this a bit more. But no promises. Usually takes a month now for a chapter to release because of my dumbass. 

Anyways...

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: "Personal Quarters/Azur Lane."
Date: "March 14th."
Time: "1100."
POV: "Commander Alex Rose."
Status: "???"

It's been... A few days since we have gotten back. We we're already buildings things for the Northern Parliament, Vichya Dominion, Sardegna Empire, Iris Libre, and Dragon Empery. Iris Libre has been on Azur Lane's side for awhile now, along with Dragon Empery and Northern Parliament... But the three factions haven't had time to even base in Azur Lane. But with every faction not at each others throats anymore... Plus the Northern Parliament was busy with Siren Activity near Russia waters and the arctic. The three factions can finally join Azur Lane, along with the other two. Though, I know it'll be awkward between two ship girls...

Looking at the mirror I see some blood trickle down from my mouth. I ball my fist in rage and punch the glass mirror. After cracking it horribly, I kept my fist jammed there for a moment. Tears would eventually build up as well.

Slowly removing my fist, I began to cry silently. With the condition I have, it would kill me in no time... And I was hesitant to even tell any of the ship girls. But I knew I couldn't. Since It's been years, I forgotten what my condition was because it mysteriously went away back then. My parents and I were ecstatic about it. I was told I wouldn't live past 20 but here I am, because it went away. But the condition is back and... Worsened. It must've been that chemical I inhaled that... Weirdly brought it back, though it wouldn't make exactly sense.

"I probably won't last a couple months to a year at this rate... I'll get to a year if I'm lucky..." There was a knock at my bathroom door and I wipe my tears away quickly and wipe the blood off my mouth. I toss it in a trash can. "Yea?"

"Commander, I heard glass shatter. Is everything alright?" Belfast asked, calmly. But on the inside she was worried.

I sigh. "Just was... Angry about something." I open the door and face her for a moment then walking past her. "Some factions should be arriving today. I will be meeting them at the port."

She was about to walk with me but looked at the bathroom. The mirror was cracked badly. She was about to close the door to the bathroom but she would look over to the trash can and see the blood on the tissue. Her curiosity got the best of her and she would walk over and grab it from the trash can and examine it. After examining it she'd look out the bathroom door into my room.

"Commandant. It is good to finally meet you again." Richelieu said, bowing slightly to me. The Iris Libre were the first to arrive. By also "finally meet you again", I've had a chat with them before. "Truly, it is great to finally be apart of Azur Lane."

I just nod to her. "It's great to have Iris Libre along side us and here at Azur Lane. More factions... The better chance at winning this damned war."

"Agreed, Commandant... This war between the factions at first was nothing but selfishness. Now we have a common cause." A woman beside Richelieu said. Her name was Saint Louis. 

Another woman beside Richelieu, named Jeanne d'Arc, would speak up. "Though... I still don't like how the Vichya Dominion is coming here..."

"I was... Going to ask about that. If you would combine your factions again into the original... But I see not everyone would agree to that." I said while sighing.