Chapter Twenty: His Worry, Her Humiliation and the Return of the Indian Prince

Start from the beginning

Lord! What if the wererhino had seen the view at night while coming into the room to collect his stuff or something? 

But then, he had seen some interesting bit of her skin she usually never exposed in public. She was not even the bikini-wearing type in summer. 

She walked out of the bedroom and headed to the bathroom but halted midway finding Victor setting up breakfast dishes on the dining table. And it smelled scrumptious. 

He wore a light purple shirt and a pair of suit pants. The coat was missing. His hair was slightly wet with an out-of-shower look, and his face was clean-shaved. The guy looked fresh, office-ready, and quite a gentleman. And as he poured what looked like tea into a cup and slowly sipped into it while still moving around the table, he looked like a competent husband any woman would crave to acquire in life.

Noticing her, Victor said, "Freshen up and come to the table quickly. I made breakfast."

She went into the bathroom without giving a reply. 

Some benevolent people would feed their enemies to gain positive karma yet refuses to transfer their image in their minds. 

Victor was probably in that phase.

While in the bathroom, doing her morning business, she thought he would leave since he was already ready for the office because there was no reason for him to wait for her for much longer. However, she was surprised to see he did wait.

Anyway, it didn't matter since she had decided not to take any more of his sympathetic gestures. 

Seeing that he was looking at her, she said, "I'm not hungr—"

"You did not have dinner last night," Victor said indignantly. "Don't forget what the doctor said."

She was fed up by now. "You don't have to worry about my matters, really. According to what you said last night, I've lovers to do that part."

Looking away with furrowed brows from her, he put the toast and butter knife.

She turned around to leave and heard a chair scraping on the floor, signaling he had gotten to his feet. From the bedroom, she discreetly watched him collect his coat and go for the main door. 

He said over his shoulder in a low, dejected voice, "You don't have to eat with me. Just have breakfast before you leave. I can't have your father going berserk again for starving you in my home."

As the door slammed shut, she looked at the floor, feeling sad and angry. She also felt guilty that he had left breakfast halfway.

Pulling her hair, she screamed.

The next two days, she lived on protein bars, cereal, cup noodles, and cup ramen. And she steered clear of the meals Victor cooked for her routinely like they were temptation of the devil himself.

He inquired about her leg injuries and her 'other' wounds on the body one of those days. She refused to give him a direct reply.

His care felt humiliating.

He had stated clearly that his supposed worry regarding her well-being was actually generated from his anxiousness regarding her father.

But Victor didn't know that his worries were baseless. Victoria's eyes turned glossy. It would snow in hell when her father would worry about minor things like if she was eating properly. It was more natural for that man to starve her instead.

And with teary eyes and all, she chuckled, shaking her head at the heartbreaking humor of the truth.

--