Chapter 37

(Abigail's P.O.V)

"Truth or dare?" Jess asked Michael.

Calum, Jess, Michael, Sierra, Luke, Ashton and I were sitting in a circle in the middle of my living room floor playing truth or dare.

So far, Luke got dared to lick Michaels foot which was gross. Calum had to eat a spoon of Vegemite which he didn't like at all. Sierra had to switch socks with Luke (stinky feet). And Jess had to ask the neighbours for a nice cube and returned it after 5 minutes saying she didn't need it anymore, she got some weird looks.

"Dare." Michael answered.

"You're screwed..." Calum chuckled.

Michael glared at him before looking back at Jess, waiting for his dare.

"I dare you to kiss Abigail." Jess smiled.

Ashton glared at Jess. The room fell silent and Michael looked at me.

"There is no way they're kissing." Ashton said, anger present in his voice.

"It's a dare. It's not like it's gonna mean anything." Michael said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

Ashton gave me a look, making me uncomfortable. He just stared at me, making me unable to move.

Michael crawled over to me and placed his lips on mine. We stayed like that for a few seconds before we heard a cough from Ashton, causing Michael to move his lips from mine and sit back in his spot.

"I'm done with this stupid game." Ashton said before standing up and storming out of the living room to the main hall.

I heard the front door open, then slam shut, causing everyone to jump a little.

I got up and walked to the hall. I opened the front door. Ashton was sitting on the porch with his hands folded in front of him as he looked up at the stars.

"Hey, Ash. Are you alright?" I asked as I sat beside him.

He didn't say anything. But let out a sigh and looked down at his hands.

"Ashton..?" I asked.

"You know...I've never realized what it was like to love someone to the point I feel like killing anyone who touches her. I never realized that until I met you. It might just be a game to you. But to me, it fucking hurts still. Alright?" Ashton snapped at the end.

"O-oh." I was lost for words. What would I say to that?

I couldn't just say, 'alright'. It would seem like I didn't care. I couldn't make a conversation about it because he might not wanna talk about it and get more mad than he already is.

"I'm sorry..." Was the only thing I could say.

Ashton turned to me and gave me a look I haven't seen before. I couldn't see any emotion in his face.

"It's fine. It already happened." Ashton stood up and forced a smile on his face.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

Ashton walked back inside and I just watched. He shut the door behind him and I just stood there. I need him to know I don't like the other guys.

*Next Morning*

"Are you ready to go?" My mom asked as she walked into my room.

I turned towards the door and a smile appeared on her face.

"You look amazing sweetie." She said as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Don't ruin my hair." I joked as she pulled away.