Chapter 5

(Luke's P.O.V)

"I wish I was, I wish I was." I ended the last song of rehearsals.

We put down the instruments and walked to Michael's living room.

We all sat down and got comfy, chatting about the usual things.

Michael's mom entered the room and smiled. "Did you guys want anything to eat or drink?" She asked politely.

We all shook our heads no and she left.

"So guys, I was thinking before March break we should prank the grade 9's." Calum said with a smirk.

"What ideas do you have?" Michael asked, obviously wanting to prank someone.

"We can gather all of them to the gym saying like some teacher wants to have a meeting with them, then when they all get there, we spray everyone with water guns. We can get the grades 11-12 to help us." Calum responded, hi-fiving Michael.

"I'm in for sure." Michael says.

"Nah, I'm good, my sister is in grade 9 and she'd kill me if I did that." I sat back on the couch.

We all looked at Ashton, who was too busy texting someone on his phone to even know what we were talking about.

"Ash!" Calum screamed, making Ashton jump in his seat.

"What?" He looked up from his phone finally and raised his eyebrow.

"Who are you texting? You never text during our down time Ash." Michael said calmly.

Michael and Ashton were always close, we call them Mashton. And since Calum and I were always close, they called us Cake, weird right?

Ashton didn't respond, but instead bit his bottom lip and looked in his lap.

"Ashton, are you texting my sister?" I asked. I said I was okay with it but in reality, I hate the fact that they like each other. Nobody wants their sister and best friend to date.

"No, Luke. You have to stop saying that. I'm not texting your sister I'm texting my girlfriend."

I felt my anger begin to rise. Calum rubbed my back, he knows me too well. I sent Calum a smile, letting him know I'm okay. He moved his hand and looked back at Ashton.

"Ash, I really think you should just stop seeing Abigail, Luke is your best friend for two years now, doesn't he matter more to you?" Calum questioned Ashton.

"Of course Luke matters a lot to me but, come on guys, you can't make me choose between the person I love and someone who's like a brother to me." Ashton raised his voice, sounding frustrated.

"You don't love her. She doesn't even know what love is Ashton! She's 15 for Christ's sake!" I yelled, even though I shouldn't have.

"I won't hurt her, I will treat her right, I know your worried I won't but I already promised you. I won't do anything with her until she's at the right age, Luke, I know what I'm doing." Ashton said. He seemed calm but it was obvious if I said one more thing about Abigail and him, he would blow.

"Alright, but I swear, if you do anything stupid, I will punch you." I sternly said making Ashton sink in his seat.

"Can we stop talking about Abigail." Michael said, standing from his seat on the couch and walking into the kitchen.

"I'll talk to him." Calum stood up and walked to the kitchen, leaving Ashton and I alone.

"Luke, I'm sorry, I-" Ashton started but I cut him off.