Two

Chapter two | Ekaterina
"Ekaterina." His voice startles my thoughts and my eyes meet his empty ones.

"Hi?" I say to ease the awkwardness which is stupid, but am I surprised? I'd be lying if I said yes.

He raises a brow and amusement flashes across his face for a second before it disappears, "hi." 

"So I thought we'd need to discuss a few things." He says and I clear my throat, wanting to run the fuck away.

"Sit." He says, or more like demands me motioning at the chair in front of us.

I suppress the urge to roll my eyes and take a seat, "okaaay... so since we're making things clear, that means that I can say anything I want?" I ask cautiously.

He gives me a curt nod while running his fingers through his thick hair, "sure." His raspy voice startles me and my eyes meet his again.

I shift awkwardly, and try to focus on not doing anything stupid, "I don't want to marry you." I say boldly and the glare he gives me is enough to bring me to my knees.

His jaw ticks and I clear my throat, "um...I thought you said we should be totally honest to each other?" I ask raising a brow even as my heartbeats go erratic in my chest.

"What makes you think I want this marriage either?" He asks in a lower tone, a scarier one, but for some reason, his reply sparks happiness inside my stomach

"wait so you can break this off right?" I ask hopefully, a small smile spread on my lips, as I wait for his reply.

That earns me a smirk, my brows furrow as he leans back in his chair, spreading his legs a little, "well here's the thing, sweetheart, I promised your father to marry you, and I keep my promises." He says.

"Well, this is such a lame excuse for a man in the mafia, you can't say no to my father, hmm?" I'm playing with fire, I know that I'm, provoking a man like him.

His eyes turn to slits and I lick my lips to stop the nerves rising in my throat, "you're smarter than I thought, I'll give you that." He says curtly before standing up and buttoning his shirt.

"What? Is that it? That's the talk?" I mock his voice and he grabs me by my waist and pulls me to him.

His fingers raising my chin up so I can look at him, "I don't know how you used to act in that house of yours, but when you become mine, Ekaterina, things will change, starting with the fact that my wife can't talk to me like that." He says just for us to hear and if anyone saw us they would think that we're in love.

I pull away from him, my body filled with disgust and my eyes probably shooting glares at him, as he remains unbothered,

"what the fuck is wrong with how I'm speaking? You don't get to talk to me that way either." I murmur and stare at him, he takes a step closer, and his tall frame hovers over me as I take a wobbly step back, the height difference is actually comedic if you overthink it.

"And I'm not your wife." I spit the words out narrowing my eyes, and his expression remains blank but I don't miss the tick in his jaw.

"Yet." Those are the last words he says to me, and even though it does feel like a promise, I can't help the ideas of how to ruin this marriage that are roaming around my mind.

*:・゚✧*:・

"Katrina." My sister's voice sobers me up, and I blink a couple of times as I focus on her.

"What were you saying?" I ask, she sighs but I know that she's used to this by now, me zoning out and her having to repeat her sentence.

It's annoying to her I know it and I'm trying to change it cause it annoys me as well.