Volume III: Never Miss a Beat and meet a new Maiden

Start from the beginning

In response, Ciel checks the time, then takes a step back and nods, starting the countdown.

Ruby: So is she... your friend or...

Penny: Well, in a way. She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.

Ruby: Oh. So, Weiss.

Penny: Precisely.

Ruby: (lowering her voice) Does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop, does not compute? (moves her body abruptly as if imitating a robot, leaving her arm to hang with a noticeable squeaking sound, Altair watches her actions with smiles and chuckles softly behind his Assassin Hood)

Penny: (shaking her head) Oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but I was able to play it off.

Flashback to the Vytal Festival grounds with Ciel and Penny, who's wearing a large sun hat. The wind picks up and lifts the hat from her hair, revealing the aforementioned magnet on her skull, and Penny quickly shoves the headgear back on before Ciel turns back around. The story causes Ruby and Penny to laugh about it in the present for several seconds.

Penny: (still smiling, but getting serious) Ruby, Altair. there's something I've been wanting to talk to you two about. (glances over at Ciel before leaning in and whispering to Ruby  and Altair) I want to stay at Beacon.

Altair: Are you serious Penny? I don't know if Ironwood or even Monroe wouldn't allow you to do that.

Ruby: Yeah I'm agreed with Altair, I don't think they wouldn't allow you to do that.

Penny: (frowns, but then grins with mischief) I know, but I have a plan.

Ciel: (stepping back up to Penny's side and pointing to her watch) It's been precisely one minute, ma'am.

Penny: I'll talk to you more soon, Ruby.

As the Atlesian left and Penny waved at them as Altair and Ruby waved at her back as he was about to leave with Ruby. He received a call from Ozpin to meet him at his office.

Ruby: Is something wrong?

Altair: Professor Ozpin called me, I will meet you later and I know that Yang and Weiss will fight against Team FNKI.

Ruby: Alright Altair, just hurry and love you.

She said to her as she tiptoe and kisses him on the cheek Ruby rush back as Altair chuckled as he headed toward Ozpin's office he used the elevator and hoped to speak with him. Once he arrived he sees Professor Ozpin is looked at the view from the window while drinking a mug of hot chocolate. He walks toward him and Ozpin turned around and sees him

Ozpin: Ahh Mr. Phoenix, You arrived just in time. How goes with you and your Assassins? I heard that you are now become a new Mentor.

Altair: Everything is according to plan to stop Cinder and my cousin's plan. But they are always very tricky at this point. What is that you called me for Professor?

Ozpin: I called you here to tell you about a new Maiden that she will have from the Fall Maiden. I know this is very risky for you Altair but she is very important.

Altair: Who is the new maiden that will receive a new Fall Maiden power?

Ozpin: Well you already know her, she is the most experienced fighter from Sanctum Academy in Argus.

Altair: Pyrrha? Are you serious about this? She will be so hard to understand the situation and our enemy will kill her as well.

Ozpin: I understand your concern Altair, but we must ensure that she had the right to do it and I know that your enemy will come for her as you will protect her at all cause.