Is it time?

"Ring! Ring!"

The whole Lenape High School went to home room. Dick and Jane were in different rooms so they say there peacefully thinking of what the day would hold before them. The second bell rang and everyone walked to first period. Jane had social studies which happened to have Dick in it, right next to her. Every second or two they would catch each others eyes on their own. Sometimes they would pass notes with out anyone knowing.

"And will you stay?"
one note read to Jane.

They were planning on running away with each other that day, but something always interferes.

"What's this? Love notes. Ah... look whose going to the principals today!"

Later on that day Dick and Jane found each other sitting with their parents on either sides of the hallways, looking away from each other. Tears welled up in Jane's eyes , yet Dick's looked angry. The secretary called the Jeffersons to the office and Dick walked through the door. Fifteen minutes later, Dick comes smashing out the room, grabbing Janes hand as they run out the school.

"Is it time already?" She said.

The rushed boy continued to sprint. Both parents stared in awe at the occurring excitement. Once they reached the next two blocks they stopped and panted.

"It's time."

He pulled his hand from his pocket and waved to the nearest taxi.

"Take us to Turtleshore Boardwalk."