xv

PRESLEY

An hour passed and he'd brought me to his apartment next door after I explained I didn't feel safe being in my room tonight. I could hear two masculine voices talking in a hushed voice outside but I couldn't exactly put a name to the voice.

When Silvio brought me to his apartment, he helped me to the couch and apparently Octavius had called him because of my weird behavior over the phone.

I was still sitting in the same spot Silvio left me, my gaze fixed on the spot in the middle of the television where the reporter was talking about the possibility of snow tonight.

I didn't know how to feel about everything especially since Silvio had witnessed my breakdown over a simple break-in. I didn't know if he'd seen the pictures and if he had, I didn't know what I would say.

Would I lie again like I always did to everyone? Would it even matter?

I should have trusted my gut when I first came back from the airport; I always had to move every couple of months whenever I felt the feeling he was closing in and this time I ignored it. I put it to the back of my mind and I'd been so occupied with my next-door neighbor I didn't take proper precautions.

The sound of the door creaking alerted me and I couldn't help but jump slightly, reaching for the closest thing I could find which was the remote on the table. Pair of deep blue eyes widened and he raised his arms in surrender, showing me he was not here to harm me. Beast.

I tilted my head to the side examining the dark bruises surrounding his eyes and the fat bandage wrapped around his wrist. A gasp escaped my mouth, "Oh God. Are you okay? Who--"

He grinned widely walking over to where I was sitting. "Just pissed off someone I shouldn't have." He let out a deep chuckle almost like he'd expected to get hurt by whoever hurt him.

He took a seat on the space beside me, filling the silence with his big body, and warm smiles I'd grown accustomed to. "You okay, darling?" His voice was so warm, and soft and it brought tears rushing into my eyes and I hated it.

This wasn't me; I didn't cry like this, and I definitely wouldn't have gotten anyone involved in this situation. I would have sucked it up, cleaned the mess up and moved to another apartment where he wouldn't find me. And now, two people who I would've never wanted to find out knew.

"Yes." I murmured and cleared my throat. "Just shocked. I'll be fine."

"I saw the pictures."

"Pictures? What do you mean?" My voice sounded a bit high-pitched and defensive but I didn't think he caught on to it. I knew even if I managed to lie to Beast, I couldn't do the same to Silvio.

        He had seen my panic, and he knew there was something beyond fear going on. I'd literally begged him not to leave me. Not my proudest moment. 

Beast was quiet for a moment; Those sparkling blue eyes narrowed in the bright light like he was quietly assessing me before he ran a tattooed hand through his red curls. "I got it darling. I won't ask but stay here tonight, hm?"