FOURTEEN - Back for good

y/n's POV

I wake up to the loud sound of scratching outside my window and groggily turn to look at my clock. 5:02am. I have to be honest, this new apartment isn't great. However, Brussels is such a beautiful city, and so far, I'm enjoying my time here. I haven't thought about Nick as much as I used to in Ghent, which is what I was aiming for. I also start my new job today. Working in a record store will be interesting, plus it's gonna be less hectic with fewer customers, which is perfect.

I snap out of my thoughts and walk over to the window where the obnoxious scratching seems to be coming from. I cautiously peek out and notice a pigeon trying to get in, don't get me wrong, I adore pigeons but this little shit woke me up 3 hours before I needed to, and I find it hard to get back to sleep after I've been woken up. There's no point in trying to sleep now, so I go to my kitchen and look in the fridge, there isn't much because I haven't had the chance to go grocery shopping since I just git here yesterday afternoon. I pick up a few eggs, fry them, and call it a day. I'm hoping this new job will get me at least a couple more dollars than my old job at the café so I can move into a better apartment cause this place is crappy as hell.

Nick's POV

I decided to get up early today because I can't wait any longer to see y/n, I feel desperate to make things right and hold her again. This past week has been absolute hell on earth without her. Even if I just get to see her face again today, I'd be happy. I start packing my bag, ready to go, and leave a note for the boys on the table in the living room.

'Gone to set things right with y/n,
I'll be back by tomorrow.

-Nick :-)'

I leave the hotel and hop into my car, staring the engine with a smile across my face. I feel hopeful about today. If y/n takes me back, I'd be the happiest man on earth. I don't know what I'd do without her. Life has been so depressing lately, and I just want her back. Before pulling out of the parking lot, I take a Polaroid of me and y/n out of my pocket and stare at it. It's a picture of us the day we went to the lake, stood beside the Swan boat. I place it on my dashboard carefully and set off. Once I'm driving, I turn the radio on and listen to music on the way there, humming to the lyrics. Despite the pit of nerves I feel inside my stomach, I stay positive in hopes that me and y/n will be together again.

Time skip

I pull up outside of y/n's apartment building, taking in a deep breath before getting out of the car and shutting the door. This is it. As I walk up to her door, I brace myself, knock, then step back. My heart drops as the door handle pushes down, and it opens with a creek. "Nick?" Isabelle says. "Uh...hey, is y/n here?" I awkwardly ask. She sighs and gives me an evil glare. "y/n moved out." She spits. "What?" I ask, confused. "Didn't you hear me? She moved out." She says, trying to close the door. "Wait!" I shout as she opens it again angrily. "What." She replies. "Why did y/n move out?" I ask, tilting my head. "Because of you, Nick. She couldn't take living here with you haunting her fucking dreams n' shit so she left." I look at her in shock as she gives me a cold stare back.

"Well...uh...where did she move?" I ask, looking down. Isabelle tuts. "As if I'd tell you." She says. "Please, Izzy, I love her. I can't live without her. She's everything to me." I explain. For a moment, her glare softens, and I feel hopeful, but it quickly turns cold again, and she rolls her eyes. "And how do I know you really mean it?" She asks, folding her arms. "Please just trust me on this one, I haven't been able to sleep properly. Food doesn't taste the same, I've become depressed, Iz. I'm sure you've seen something on the news?" I say. "I have." She replies, leaning on the door. "You looked pretty fucked." She chuckles. I partly smile at her in relief. "Life is meaningless without her." I say.