TWELVE - When you're gone

Saturday, 2:34pm

y/n's POV

"y/n, I've said this before. You can't just hide in your room all day, girl. You have responsibilities!" Izzy warns. I groan at her and roll my eyes. "What's gotten into you?" She huffs, stomping away angrily. This is the second day I've taken off work now. If I don't go back in soon, I'll risk getting sacked. I sit up in bed and look at the clock on my wall. How can I go back to the café and not think about Nick? These past few days, I've tried so hard to get him off my mind, but at this point, it's practically impossible. I roll over to my radio and turn it on.

I've been wandering around the house all night
Wondering what the hell to do
Yeah, I'm trying to concentrate, but
All I can think of is you

One of my favourite songs, when it came out last year I'd sing it all the time, now I relate to it. How ironic. I sit back and relax, listening to the song as the chorus comes up.

Baby, when you're gone
I realize I'm in love
Days go on and on
And the nights just seem so long
Even food don't taste that good
Drink ain't doing what it should
Things just feel so wrong
Baby, when you're gone

I start to tear up, things really haven't been the same without him, I feel completely unmotivated, I don't wanna do anything anymore, and I can't bring myself to go outside. Everything reminds me of him, food, drink, my job, I can't even watch TV because his stupid face is always on it. I wonder how Nick must be feeling right now, Is he doing just as bad as I am without me? Has he moved on? That's when it hits me.

"y/n, I'm in love with you."

God, I really have fucked up.

Nick's POV:

Just recently, the only time I've been coming out of my room is to travel and do shows. I don't even feel like doing them anymore, but I push on for the guys and our fans. I feel like I've lost a spark within me, I don't feel like myself, and it's driving me up the wall. I feel physically ill, fatigued, drained, empty. What's wrong with me? Suddenly I hear a knock at the door. The guys must be back from shopping.

"Nick, come on man, this is my room too. Why aren't you talking to us?" Brian's voice says from the other side of the door. I stay quiet and lay down on the bed. "Nick, I know you're in there. Stop ignoring us! What did we even do?" He says, agitated. "Go away, B-Rok." I mutter. "No! We share this room, and I'm coming in even if I have to bust this damn door open!" He shouts. I hear another voice, Kev. "Brian, just leave him. He's going through stuff right now, obviously. He might just want a break." He says. I hear footsteps outside, followed by silence. I can't help but feel bad for pushing them away, but I can't help it, I've lost control of my actions, and I don't know what to do.

I walk over to the portable radio I take with us and switch it on.

I've been driving up and down these streets
Trying to find somewhere to go
Yeah, I'm looking for a familiar face
But there's no one I know

I sit back down on the bed, closing my eyes. I love Bryan adams.

Oh, this is torture, this is pain
It feels like I'm gonna go insane
I hope you're coming back real soon
'Cause I don't know what to do

It's funny how you can completely relate to certain songs. Makes you feel less alone in a way, knowing at least one person knows exactly how you feel. Music is almost therapy to me, which is one of the reasons why I decided to choose the band over Disney. The band...I should really talk to the guys instead of pushing them away. They must be really confused right now. They deserve to know why I've been behaving the way I have.

.
.
.

A/N

Short one tonight, they'll be a bigger one tomoz, I promise 🫶