SIX - All my life

Monday

y/n's POV

"I dunno, Izzy, there's just something about him that draws me in. I can't stop thinking about him, and it's driving me crazy." I say. Isabelle shifts her position on the bed and sighs. "How many dates have you been on again?" She asks. "Technically, two." I reply. I get up to go look in the mirror and fix part of my eyeliner that has smudged. "Isn't it a bit too early to be falling in love with him?" She says, raising an eyebrow. "I never said that..." I smile sheepishly. "You're certainly implying it, y/n." She laughs. "Come on, we better head to work, loverboy might show up." Isabelle winks and gets off the bed, grabs her purse, then walks out of my room. I follow her shortly after, and we leave our apartment, locking the door behind us.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring in my bag. I reach inside and pick it up, flipping it open and pressing the answer button. "Hey, this is Nick." I hear a voice say. I smile wide and shoot an excited look at Izzy, pointing to the phone. "Is it him?" She whispers. "Oh! Hey Nick, how are you?" I ask, twirling my hair. Isabelle shakes her head and starts walking off. "I'm alright, I guess, I actually need to talk to you today. Are you free at 12?" He asks. "Uh yeah, is everything okay?" I reply, concerned. Nick let's out a small sigh, which makes me worried. "Yeah, there's just something I need to tell you, but not over the phone..." He says. "Alright, I'll see you later." I whisper, catching up with Izzy. "Bye, y/n." Nick hangs up first, and I put my phone back in my bag.

"What's up?" Isabelle asks, tilting her head as we walk out of the apartment building. "Nick wants to talk to me about something. He didn't seem very happy." I tell her. "Maybe he's worried you don't like him?" She says. "I don't see why...what if he doesn't want to see me anymore?" I ask, feeling defeated. "Girl, even if he does, don't waste your time crying over stupid boys that don't see how great you are." She says, patting my back. We get to the café and start our shifts like normal, but I can't concentrate at all. "y/n, come here, please." I hear our manager yell from the back. I walk over and close the door behind me. "What's going on." He says. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "You've been spacing out for your whole shift. Customers are starting to get impatient." He says and starts clenching his fists. "I'm sorry, sir, I didn't even realise." I gulp. "Well, you better sort it out, or you're fired!" He yells. I lower my head and hold back the lump in my throat.

Nick's POV

I can't believe I forgot about going to Bruges today, I feel so awful about not telling her. Honestly, I'm scared that she'll ditch me after I leave for someone else. Either way, I still have to talk to her before we go. It's just about to turn 12 so I leave and start walking to the café. Once I get there, I see y/n sitting in the outdoor seating area, looking around sad and nervous. I hope I didn't do that. "Hey." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. "Oh hey, Nick." She looks up. "I needed to tell you that, uh, I'm going to Bruges today for work. It's about 30 minutes away from here, and i just felt like you should know." I tell her. "How long for?" She says. "That's the thing, I'll be able to drive back here during my free days, but..." I hesitate, looking at my feet in shame. "But?" She chokes. "But, after that I have to go to another country." I spit. Why is this so hard? We've only been seeing each other for a few days. y/n sniffs slightly and pouts, now I feel absolutely awful. "We can still call each other, y/n, if you still...well...like me." I say and sit beside her.

She grabs my hand and holds it in hers, leaning her head on my shoulder. "What if I don't want you to go." She says. I lift my free hand and brush a strand of hair out her face. "I have to go y/n, as much as I want to stay here with you." She lets out a sigh and squeezes my hand. "You promise you'll call me and come back for your free days?" She squeaks. "I promise." I say. "How long do you have until you have to go?" She says, shuffling closer. "I leave at 5. We still have time to hang out." I say with a weak smile. "Wanna just walk around the city and talk?" She smiles back. "Of course."

We get up from the seats, and y/n stops for a second. "I need to change out of this dumb uniform." She says. "I can wait." I grin. We walk back to her apartment, and she unlocks the door, then motions for me to go inside, I step in, and y/n goes into one of the rooms. I see another girl sat on the couch watching TV with a bag of chips, still in work uniform. She turns around to look at me and sits up, surprised, and clears her throat. "Oh hey, you must be Nick." She says, reaching out her hand for me to shake it. "Yeah, you must be Izzy?" I ask, shaking her hand. "One and only." She smiles. She then squeezes my hand tighter and pulls me closer to her with great force and whispers in my ear. "You hurt y/n, and I'll be hurting you." I let go of her hand and stand back in shock. She stares at me intensely, so I slowly nod, and she turns around to continue eating her chips. Okay what the fuck was that?...

y/n's POV

I come back out of my room in a short pink dress with my hair down and a pair of sunglasses. I see Nick nervously standing at the door rubbing his hand. "I'm ready, you okay?" I ask, picking up his hand and inspecting it. "I'm great!" He says quickly with an awkward smile. I look at Iz and she's watching the TV. I shrug and we walk outside onto the street, hand in hand. We talk for a while, Nick goofs around by letting go of my hand and running ahead, doing a spontaneous cartwheel which makes me laugh. The people around us give him a strange look but he doesn't notice them, he doesn't take his eyes off me. Once we have been walking around the street talking for a few hours we stop and realise we've gone too far. "Nick I think we're lost." I giggle. "Don't worry I'll find our way back." He says with his hands on his hips. "Wow, my hero." I laugh. "Anything for m'lady." He says proudly with a smirk spread across his face.

After another hour or so we manage to find our way back and walk up to my apartment building. "I'm gonna miss you." I say sadly. "Me too, but we're gonna call every day, right?" He says. "Right." I reply. We approach the top where my apartment is and stand at the door. There's a moment of silence where we both stare at each other, my eyes move from his lips to his eyes, then his hair and back to his face. I feel his eyes looking at my lips too, and he slowly moves in, cupping my cheek as he closes his eyes. "HEY Y/N! GET INSIDE I NEED YOU FOR A SEC!" Izzy violently slams the door open, interrupting me and Nick as we quickly break away from each other awkwardly. Izzy looks at both of us and pretends to throw up, walking back inside. We both let out a small laugh and say goodbye. As I walk in and close the door behind me, my heart skips with joy, and I twirl around the living room happily. "y/n, can you get all your dirty clothes n' shit and put them in the washing basket?" Isabelle asks. I hum in reply and float over to my room. I turn on the radio on, and 'All my life' by K-Ci & JoJo comes on. I flop down onto the floor and grin to myself.

All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I thank God
That I
That I finally found you
All my life
I prayed for someone like you
And I hope that you feel the same way too
Yes, I pray that you do love me too

.
.
.

A/N

GOODNESS ME