TWO - Haven't met you yet

y/n's POV

"I'm being serious, y/n, you can't just expect your dream guy to walk through those doors and ride off into the sunset with you, I know you're a hopeless romantic but let's be real, it's not going to be like the movies is it?" Isabelle giggles. "Girl I know, but something inside me tells me that I should continue waiting." I tell her, taking out a pack of doughnuts for us as we sit outside. "That's so cheesy." She says, taking a bite from a pink sprinkled doughnut. "Okay, but what if one day it actually happened?" I chuckle. "If that actually happened, I'd give you 20$, do ten star jumps, then do the splits." "Deal." Isabelle shakes her head and smiles.

Nick's POV

We officially start the tour tomorrow, so we've been rehearsing for most of today, I'm excited because we have this super cool intro where we fly down on hover boards to the Star Wars theme. Our fans are gonna go wild, I know it.

"Alright, guys, I think that's enough for today." Kev says and claps his hands. "Great, I'm so down for pizza right now." I grin. "Me too, I'm starving after that." AJ chimes. And with that, we all go out for pizza since that rehearsal gave us an appetite. "This is exactly what I needed." I mumble, pizza still inside my mouth. "Nick, what did I say about speaking with your mouth open, man? It's gross." Kevin scolds.

I swallow the bite I had in my mouth, then stick my tongue out at him, which makes kev roll his eyes. "Yknow guys, I was thinking, before the show tomorrow, why don't we take a break to relax?" Howie suggests, taking a bite from his pizza. "Yeah, that's a good idea, we've been working pretty hard lately." Brian says. We all nod and finish up our food, then make our way back to the hotel. Once we get inside, Bri runs over to the Nintendo and puts Mario Kart on. "Hell yeah!" I exclaim, rushing over to him and grabbing a controller for myself. The other guys spread out and talk until it starts to get dark, so we call it a night and head to our rooms since we have to get up early tomorrow.

y/n's POV

Once me and izzy finish our shifts at the café and lock up, the sun starts to set, so we start walking back to our apartment. "The sunset is so gorgeous. No matter how many times I see it, I never seem to find it less beautiful." I say in awe, looking up at the orange sky. "I wish a guy would talk to me the way you talk about sunsets." Izzy laughs as we reach the door to our apartment building and walk up the stairs. "God, Iz, you're turning into me." I laugh back, unlocking our door.

"Who can blame us, though? We've been single for like almost our whole life." She says. "Almost? Please don't tell me you count your elementary boyfriend as an actual guy you've dated." I stare at her blankly. "Of course! How doesn't he count? He was a boyfriend, wasn't he?" Izzy asserts. "Alright, Iz, whatever you say." I giggle again, kicking off my shoes and heading to my bedroom to change. I sit down on my bed and turn the radio on to relax for a bit.

"And now for the Backstreet boys, with their hit song 'I want it that way' from their new album, Millennium."

I've heard this song a few times before, these backstreet guys are pretty good at singing, I've also heard a few others once or twice which I probably can't name but out of them all this is my favourite. I smile as I hum along to the melody and sit back in my bed. Suddenly, Isabelle swings my door open and throws Chinese takeout at me, then scuttles away. "Okay, that was weird." I say, opening the box and smelling the hot food. Recently, we've been living off of takeout, neither of us has the motivation to cook, so we practically rot inside after work. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever get out of this habit.

.
.
.

A/N

Next chapter is gonna be way more exciting 🤭