FIVE - Be my baby

Sunday morning

Nick's POV

I slowly get out of bed and look at the time. 8:30am. I let out a yawn and go say hey to the guys. "Hey man, how'd you sleep?" Howie says. "Not bad, I'm tired but super pumped for today." I grin. "Oh yeah? What's happening today?" He asks. "I'm going to see that girl again." I smile, going to the fridge to get some milk. "Ohhh, that girl you were going to tell us about after the show!" AJ pipes. "Yeah, her name is y/n. She works at the café down the block." I say and poor some cereal into a bowl. "And you're seeing her again today?" Kev asks. "Yeah, I'm gonna go down to the café and ask for her number. We forgot to exchange them last night." Brian walks out of our room sloppily, rubbing in between his eyes with his two fingers and yawning. "Hey, Sleepyhead." I say, finally adding the milk and a spoon to the cereal. "I heard you guys talking about a girl and I got curious." He mumbles. "Nick's met a girl, y/n, and he's going to see her again later today." Kevin wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Nice one Nicky." He replies. Brian walks up to me, grabbing my spoon and taking a bite from my cereal. "Hey, that's mine!" I yell. "Chill out. I just wanted a bite." He laughs and pats me on the shoulder.

y/n's POV

I come out the back after freshening up to see a tall, blonde guy in a black shirt and baggy pants. He walks through the doors holding a beautiful pink bouquet and looks around, scanning the room with his baby blue eyes. I walk up to the counter, and our eyes meet. He instantly smiles, lifting his hand and doing a little wave. Nick. I smile at him and wave back as he walks up to me. "Pretty flowers for a pretty lady." He says, handing the bouquet to me. "This is so kind of you, thank you, Nick." I grin, smelling them. They smell sweet and fresh, almost like honey. "I didn't get your number last night." He says shyly. "Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that." I chuckle. "Go get one of those napkins from that table over there." I point to one of the seating areas that doesn't have customers sat down, and Nick jogs over to it, picking up a napkin and unfolding it as he walks back over. I take it from him and grab the pen I keep behind my ear, writing down my number carefully. "There ya go, call me whenever." I say with a soft smile. He takes it and places it in his pocket. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out today after your shift?" He asks. "Like a date?" I reply, looking down. "Like a date." He smirks. God I love that smirk. "Of course I would. My shift actually ends early on Sundays, 10am." I tell him. "Perfect, I noticed there's a fair about ten minutes away, I can drive there if you'd like to go?"

"I haven't been to a fair since I was a little girl." I grin. "I'll take that as a yes." He smiles back. I giggle and tilt my head. "Yes, Nick." "I'll let you get back to work then, cya later gorgeous." He says, taking to fingers and saluting before walking out the doors. I laugh to myself and shake my head. I can't tell if that was either hot or incredibly cheesy, but I do know that I can't wait to see him later.

Time skip to Nick and y/n at the fair

Nick's POV

Me and y/n are having such a good time on our date, I've already won her 3 huge stuffed animals, one wolf, a dog, and a panda. When I won them for her, she wouldn't stop grinning, she has such a beautiful smile, and it made my heart fill with joy seeing her happy. "How are you so good at winning these games?" y/n asks. "It's all about knowing how they work." I tell her. "You have to scam the scam." She laughs as we start walking along the path. "Scam the scam, huh?" "Exactly that." I say. "Hey, there's an ice cream stall over there, wanna get some?" I ask as we approach it. "Hell yeah! I love ice cream!" She exclaims. We get to the stall and I pull out my wallet. "What flavour?" I ask her. "Oh, no, you don't have to pay for mine." She says. "Don't be silly, what flavour?" I smile. "My favourite is mint." I buy us both mint ice cream, and we start slowly walking again, talking about life. She tells me about her old life in California and how she used to surf when she was little. I tell her about my family, usually I wouldn't open up this quickly, but she makes me feel safe. "Nick, that's awful. I'm sorry." She says. "Dont be, I'm just glad that this job helps." "Your salesman job?" She asks.

Forgot about that, I must sound so strange. "Uh, yeah, it sounds kinda stupid, but the people I work with really help me, I love them." I tell her, embarrassed. "Awe, Nick, that's not stupid at all." She says. "It's not?" I ask as we come to a stop at the ferris wheel. "It's cute." She blushes, looking at the floor and playing with her hair. I blush too, and take her hand in mine. She looks up at me with big blue eyes and weakly smiles. We just stand there staring at each other until I realise what's happening and snap out of it. "Uh, you wanna go on the ferris wheel?" I ask. "Sure!" She says. We walk over and sit down together on one of the chairs. The wheel slowly starts turning, and we go up. y/n takes a bite out of her ice cream, and I turn to look at her, raising my eyebrow. "Did you just bite your ice cream?" I ask, laughing. "Yeah, what about it?" She giggles. "Not the back chat!" I gasp sarcastically and pretend to be hurt.

She holds her hands up in the air in defence, so i quickly dob a bit of my ice cream onto her nose and laugh. y/n gasps and dobs her ice cream on my nose as we both burst into a fit of laughter. She hesitates at first but begins resting her head on my shoulder. I freeze, not knowing what to do, so I decide to cautiously wrap my arm around her. By the time we finish, the wheel has done a full spin, and we get off, holding hands. I take my thumb and wipe off the ice cream from her nose, looking into her eyes. "You still have a bit on yours." She chuckles. "Oh, shit yeah." I say and wipe mine off, too. We start making our way back to my car after eating, and we get inside. "Let's get some tunes on, shall we?" I ask. "Absolutely." She replies, and I turn the radio on. Suddenly, one of our songs starts playing, all I have to give, and I panic, scrambling to switch it to the next station. "What was that about?" y/n says, concerned. "Hate that song." I laugh awkwardly.

She shrugs and puts her seat belt on, so I drive back to the café. "Let me walk you home." I smile. "You're too kind." She says. We get to her apartment and she unlocks the door, steps inside and turns around. I stand there and smirk, hands in my pockets. "I had an amazing date, Nick. You're a really lovely guy." She says, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. "I did too." I say, scratching my head. I want to ask her out again, but what if it's too soon? "Uh, would you like to go out with me again soon? Next date is on me." She winks at the last part. My mouth parts slightly as I look at her. She wants to see me again. "I'd love that." I say with a goofy grin. y/n let's out what I think is a sigh of relief, and we say our goodbyes. I park my car back into the hotel car park and walk back to our room, not able to get y/n to leave my mind.