Chapter 24: singing

Lizzies POV
Just as the movie was coming to the end i look over to Riley and scarlett to see them both asleep cuddling each other, i decide that now would be a good time to make food because this is possibly the only time i will get peace.

I decided to make lasagna as it doesn't take long, i put on some music whist cooking and i guess i was in my own world because when i turned i saw Riley trying to climb on the top and i don't know what switched in me but i freaked out and shouted "Riley GET DOWN" which caused her to just and fall off the top "oh baby im sorry" i tried going to pick her up but she wouldn't let me at first i though it because i scared her but i was wrong "im otay" she said getting up "are you sure baby that looked like it hurt" i said and she shook her head just then scarlett came running through "what happened?" she said in a sleepy but serious tone which caused Riley to start laughing "mama its ok i just fell" Riley said whilst laughing which caused scarlett to look at me confused but i just shrug my shoulders.

Scarlett's POV
I was peacefully sleeping when i heard lizzie shout then it went silent for a couple second which cause me to shoot up and run through to the kitchen, when i walked in i saw riley laughing and lizzie looking concerned  "what happened?" i said serious tone which caused Riley to start laughing "mama its ok i just fell" Riley said whilst laughing which caused me to look at lizzie confused but she just shrug her shoulders "how did you fall baby?" i asked whilst picking her up " i was on the top and mommy accidentally scared me causing me to fall but im otay, see" she giggled holding her arms up, i look at her concerned at the fact she just fell of the top and i completely fine "how about you guys go do something whilst i make food so that you don't hurt yourself again" lizzie said "what do you want to do baby?" i ask her but she just shrugged her shoulders "ok want me to list a couple thing we couple do?" i ask and she nods "we could watch a movie" i suggest but she shakes her head "ok, did you know we have a music room?" i ask causing her head to shoot up to look at me "really, can we go there" she asks "sure baby" i say heading to the music room.

Once were in the music room i put her down to let her look around "mama why do you have a music room if you don't play music" she asked "i do play music baby" i said and she looked at me in shock as i walk over to the piano "come here baby" i said, she walked over to me and climbed up next to me "what song do you want me to play?" i ask "Ooo can you play viva la vida?" she asks and i nodded and started to play.

Riley's POV
When mama said there was a music room i was confused because both mama and mommy don't play music but when mama told me she does play music i was shocked, as we sat at the piano she asked me when song she should play "Ooo can you play viva la vida?" i asks and she nodded and started to play "can i sing mama" i ask and she nods and stops playing  "want me to sing with you?" she asked and i nodded "ok you ready?" she asked and i nodded and she started to play and we both started singing.

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never, never a honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh, who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Calvary choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Calvary choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Lizzie's POV
As im putting the lasagna in the oven i hear music coming from upstairs so i head up to see what scar and Riley are doing, once im at the top of the stairs i hear them singing viva la vida so i slowly walk up to the door and pull out my phone to record them. When they stopped singing i had to whip me tears that i didn't even know had fallen "that was so good baby" scar cooed causing Riley to hid her face "i see you guys are having fun here" i said making my presence known causing them both to jump "how long have you been standing there?" scar asks "long enough" i said and giggled as i saw the shock on Riley's face.

"foods almost ready, about 10 more minutes and it should be done" i said as i walked over to them "i haven't heard you play piano in ages scar" i said and she smiled and looked down to Riley "she wanted me to play a song so she could sing along and i cant resist the puppy dog eyes" she said whilst standing up "you coming baby?" i asked Riley and she nodded gesturing for scar to pick her up.

As we enter the kitchen Riley speaks up "Mama?" "yes baby" scar replied "can you teach me how to play piano like you?" she asked "of course baby" scar replied as she placed Riley down at the table and came to help me.

1202 words