Chapter 22: ice cream escape

Scarlett's POV
As we arrived at the mall I was thankful to see that it was basically empty. "Mama lets go." Riley said, jumping in her car seat. "ok,ok." I said getting out of the car, then getting Riley out of her car seat "you need to keep hold of Mama's hand, ok?" i said and she nodded and started dragging me towards the mall, as we entered i saw riley's jaw drop and i laughed "where should we go first?" i asked her "ummm,that one" she said and pointed towards lush "ok then, lets go" i said and walked into the shop, as we entered i saw riley getting very excited and she started to jump up and down "baby you gotta stop jumping" i laughed at her hyperness "sorry mama but theres so many bath bombs" she squealed "well lets go pick some then" i said and she dragged me to them "how many?" she asked "hhhm how about 5?" i said and she nodded and picked out 5 then we payed.

We went to a couple more shops "mama?" riley said in a whisper "what's wrong baby?" i said and she did grabby hands "my legs hurt" she says hiding her face in my neck "that's ok, do you still want to get ice cream?" i asked "yes please" she mumbled in my neck.

Riley's POV
After mama had picked me up we started to walk to the ice cream shop and when we finally reached it i saw all the flavors there must have been hundreds but i didn't count "what flavor do you want baby?" mama asked "umm, that one" i said pointing to a one that looked like oreo's "ok, what should mama have?" she asked and i pointed to the vanilla one as i know that her favorite and she nodded "hi can i get a oreo and a vanilla ice cream please" mama asked the lady behind the counter and they started to make small talk but i want listening, after they talked for a bit we sat down and ate our ice creams.
As we ate our ice creams i saw someone that i never wanted to see again staring right at me "mama" i said in a shaky whisper causing her to look concerned "whats wrong baby?" she whispered back "j-j-josh is here" i whispered trying not to freak out "baby who's josh?" mama asked "m-my b-big brot-ther" i whispered as my eyes filled with tears and mama picked me up and walked to the lady behind the till "hey this is weird but do you have a back way we can get out?" mama asked "yeah follow me" the lady said and we followed her "is everything ok?" the lady asked as we followed her "just saw someone we need to avoid at all costs" mama said then the lady replied "do you want me to get nathan he can walk you to your car and make sure that no one follows?" the lady asked and mama nodded then the lady called nathan, as we went out the back i saw that we was basically right next the the car so mama walked over and put me in the car.

Scarlett's POV
As riley told me her big brother was her and i could see the fear in her eyes i decided to try find another way out so i walked up to the lady at the till "hey this is weird but do you have a back way we can get out?" i asked "yeah follow me" the lady said and we followed her "is everything ok?" the lady asked as we followed her "just saw someone we need to avoid at all costs" i answered then she asked "do you want me to get nathan he can walk you to your car and make sure that no one follows?" the lady asked and i nodded knowing it would be safer if someone came with us, just then the lady called nathan and she told him the situation and he nodded "follow me" nathan said.

As we went out the back i noticed that we was basically right next the car so i walked over and put riley in her car seat before closing the door "thank you so much for walking us to the car" i said with a sigh or relief "no problem, its the least i could do, anyway i should get back have a nice day" he said "you too" i replied and got into the car only to find riley asleep with a tear stained face, i sighed at the thought of not knowing why she go so scared but shook it away and drove back to set.

Sorry it's short
805 words

Sorry it's short 805 words

This is josh btw